Fresh water leak water in bilge - cant find the culprit Help Hunter 41 ac

Apr 1, 2018
Hunter 41AC 1 Charleston
So I noticed I have water in my bilge resulting in the bilge pump going off every so often. I have narrowed it down to the fresh water system specifically when all the valves on the manifold are closed and I open the shore water line inlet I start seeing water in the bilge. Did notice a drip from the cold water inlet to the water heater which I tightened but still getting water in. O and to narrow down that my fresh water tanks are not leaking I fully emptied them. What am I missing?
Many Thanks in advance

Jun 6, 2006
currently boatless wishing Harrington Harbor North, MD
Assuming that you are connected to a pressurized water source in the above situation.
You have a leak in the system after the tank manifolds. To find it trace it back from the bilge. Use talcum powder dusted around the (not in the) bilge to find where the leak is entering. Rinse and repeat along the line of water flow.
It is also possible that you have a rain water leak. Any evidence that that is not the case?

Sep 25, 2008
Alden 50 Sarasota, Florida
If you don't have a pressure reducing valve inline with the shore supply lines, it may be a simple matter of the existing connections can't hold the excess pressure as they aren't designed for more than a small pump. Or the reducing valve failed.

Let the guessing continue..

Apr 1, 2018
Hunter 41AC 1 Charleston
Thanks for the input, it is currently on shore water but leaks as well with the holding tanks full. We can rule out rain water, bilge was bone dry after the last rain. I don’t have access to the full bilge to do the talcome powder thing with out ripping out the floor. Can you clarify o. The talkom powder process
Many thanks for the input

Jun 15, 2012
BAVARIA C57 Greenport, NY
Does the system leak when disconnected from shore supply and the 12 volt water pump is on? If it does not leak then the leak has to be in the inlet hose from the outside connector to the manifold under the galley sink. If you want to make sure it's the inlet hose, connect a new hose to the manifold inlet and then to shore supply. This will pinpoint where the leak is coming from. You could then just replace the entire inlet hose as finding a pinhole may be very difficult.

Jun 11, 2011
Hunter 41 Lewes
@Tucker67 where u at in Stamford? I'm in Brewer's Central out on Shippan Point. On the 41 every thing empties to the bilge, EVERYTHING. it's my only real annoyance with such a great vessel as it was avoidable. Air Conditioners, fridge condensate, freezer condensate, and the dish drying cabinet all just dump their water in the bilge. If it happens with the water pump powered and yet the pump never cycles, it's probably not an actual water leak. As Semperavanti41 mentioned it could be a leak in the line from the dock supply fitting to the manifold. You can shut off that line at the manifold I think and run on water pump from tanks which would stop you from back feeding the shore input line.