Forward sink not draining

Oct 22, 2014
CATALINA MK2 42 NEWPORT
HI Experienced friends, Could someone recommend what to do with a forward sink not draining ( How to un block or otherwise?) ? I have double checked the sea cock is open ( under the galley sink) and also have had the boat bottom cleaned recently( Not bunged up with growth). The galley sink drains out OK. This has only recently happened and have not been used very often in the past few weeks? Help!! Thanks so much , Rick

Jul 27, 2011
Bavaria 38E Alamitos Bay
HI Experienced friends, Could someone recommend what to do with a forward sink not draining ( How to un block or otherwise?) ? I have double checked the sea cock is open ( under the galley sink) and also have had the boat bottom cleaned recently( Not bunged up with growth). The galley sink drains out OK. This has only recently happened and have not been used very often in the past few weeks? Help!! Thanks so much , Rick
Take the hose(s) off and scrub 'em out. Sometimes stuff collects at hose-nipple connection(s). Close the seacock and pull off the hose; then open the sea cock to see if water comes in freely. If it does, work your way up to the sink.

Oct 22, 2014
CATALINA MK2 42 NEWPORT
Kings Gambit, Thanks so much for your advise. I also had a local guy recommend to hold the water hose over the sink hole ( wrapping a cloth to prevent back splash) and blast out any stuff this way! Easier and no need to take off any fittings! It worked! I thought it worth sharing. Kind Regards,
Rick