Forum questions, comments, and complaints

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
That's pretty weird! I disabled the registration just to see what happens, but the user's forum history doesn't look all that odd. He has only responded to ads, but his language isn't what we typically see from scammers. However, that opinion plus $4.75 will buy you a Venti double tall split shot with soy... so take it for what it's worth. I'll let you know if we hear from him.

Nov 26, 2008
Endeavour 42 Cruisin
I am having trouble unsubscribing from threads. Using an android tablet with out the sbo ap.

I click the subscribe checkbox but leaving seems to deactivate my deactivation. I've tried refresh, clicking 'new topic', etc. The only thing that works is posting something along with the deactivation selection

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
We've added a bunch of modifications to the email notifications and we could have a conflict on the server that's causing the problem. I will test it from here today. If anyone else has noticed this let me know. Thanks!

Sep 20, 2006
Hunter 33 Georgian Bay, Ontario, Canada
I am having trouble unsubscribing from threads. Using an android tablet with out the sbo ap.

I click the subscribe checkbox but leaving seems to deactivate my deactivation. I've tried refresh, clicking 'new topic', etc. The only thing that works is posting something along with the deactivation selection

Sounds more like you're bored being "held hostage on the hard" :)

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
Phil,
Is there a setting for the display of people online? It appears that currently it's based on fifo of the login or time since login, but is there a way to display it alphabetically?
2016-06-08 11.18.25 am.png

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Not a setting, per se, but easy enough to do. The hardest part is finding where the db call is in the thousands of lines of code. If I can find it without hurting myself, I'll do it.

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
When ever I go on new post and go back and check it it is gone and if I post some thing
it's not in new post and need to do a search.
Nick

Jul 14, 2015
Catalina 30 Stillhouse Hollow Marina
When ever I go on new post and go back and check it it is gone and if I post some thing
Nick
That's because you have already seen it. It will show up in new posts again when anyone responds to it.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Nick,

Use the New (Legacy) screen. It's like the old forum with all the posts on the left and the answers on the right. It's also like the old See All Posts. Much easier to follow after you've posted.

Sep 15, 2009
S2 9.2a Fairhope Al
i just click on .......forums.......then...... for all sailors...... then...... all fourms all discussions.....and wala i have it all

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
i just click on .......forums.......then...... for all sailors...... then...... all fourms all discussions.....and wala i have it all
Me too. Me and you, we're the same. Twin brothers from different mothers.

Feb 20, 2011
Island Packet 35 Tucson, AZ/San Carlos, MX
I noticed we have a new member from the future! A Mr. Brandon Baswell joined in the year 2018, but hasn't visited the forums since July of 2015.
I have so many questions for this guy.

Capture1.PNG

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
yea yea...... and we went to separate schools together
Please don't Croak together!:(

I am having trouble finding how/where to upload a few rare manuals for others to use. They are not just Hunter.
Point me in the right direction please.
Jim...

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
I am having trouble finding how/where to upload a few rare manuals for others to use. They are not just Hunter.
Yes, the nav for downloads was super confusing. I just cleaned that up and separated the links in the drop-down menu under Boat Info: there is one link for brand downloads, another for general downloads.