Forespar Mini-Galley or Force 10 Seacook

Jun 5, 2010
Hunter 25 Burlington NJ
Anyone have one no longer needed?

I've already asked Forespar. I threatened them with making and selling them myself ;)

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
Product liability concerns have sadly driven those product off the market. But every smaller shorthanded shorthanded race program I know now uses the Jetboil system anyway.

Jetboil does not offer a gimbal themselves (perhaps for the same reason), but many boat manufactures (Pogo, Seascape) offer jetboil gimbals built into the galley area. And there are small companies (in the UK mostly) that sell them as well. The Seascape 27 system looks like this. Jetboils are great and very well thought out.

If you do make a clone of one of those systems, make sure your liability insurance is up to scratch.

druid

Apr 22, 2009
Ontario 32 Pender Harbour
The gimballed mini-galley in my old Cal 25 saved me from hypothermia MANY times! On a larger boat, a gimballed stove with "holders" is all you need, but in a smaller boat those things are great! Unfortunately they're probably "illegal" (ie a surveyor will probably tell you to remove it if you want insurance), but they sure do the job.

druid