Foredeck awning

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rick

A foredeck awning is useful in the southern climates when at anchor. Is there a manufacturer that already has the pattern and can it be purchased at a reasonable price. Up til now I have been using the canvas shop and while the work is excellent, the price is high. Looking for a light tan color. The boat is a Catalina 36 1988 hull no. 770. Thanks for the help. Rick S/V Illusion

E

Ernie April

Check out a triangular sun shade for foredeck

Hey, Rick- Not everything useful on a boat necessarily comes from a marine specialty shop or a W/M catalog. Check this link from, of all places, Hammacher Schlemmer (800-543-3366) - but I've seen it in other catalogs, too. The triangular Down Under Sun Shade comes in either green or sand and in two sizes: 16' 6" on a side ($89.95) and 11' 10" ($74.95, listed in the Father's Day mail catalog, but not on the website). The smaller size should approximate your C-36 J-dimension. Best, air circulates through it. While the corners have re-inforced D-rings, an additional D-ring would have to be sewn in half-way along one side to which a halyard could be attached, providing a bit of a peak at the mast and adjusting the aft side to the beam. I suspect that the cost is but a mere fraction of some custom canvas work and could even function better. Ernie April

A

Art Golden

Just saw one advertised in the West Marine catalog. Its shaped like a V-berth and connect to the boom around the mast and extend to the bow.

Status
Not open for further replies.