Fishermens Village Marina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 3, 2004
Hunter 41 DS Punta Gorda, Fl
Will do. The boat left Racine, Wis yesterday should arrive on Tuesday. I am flying in on Monday evening. It is really happening.

I my have asked this question before but cannot remember. What do you paint your prop shaft and prop with to keep it clean?

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
High Tide

Just got back from being away for 3 weeks and have not heard anything new but leave and enter the lock at high tide and follow the markers for sure.
Let us know when what day you moving to fisherman's and maybe we can help out.
Nick

Jun 3, 2004
I give it a try I guess. I will need to go by West Marine to pick this up so I can coat the shaft and prop when I get there.

Jun 3, 2004
Re: High Tide

I will post and e mail the day I hope cross over to Fishermans Village

Jun 3, 2004
I made it. What a job getting things put back together. I am in
Fishermans Village safe and sound. But the rigger I hired did not
Complete the job so I motored over more on that later. Now on a flight back to Chicago will be back in early June.

Jun 3, 2004
Welcome to PGI! If you need a good rigger let me know. -Jon
Riggers-- here is the story. I get this recommendation on a rigger keep in mind I know none of these folks. The rigger comes from Knighton Sail loft his name is Colin a British sounding guy. His back ground is he has been a rigger for ever and worked directly for the BR rig designer etc. First contacting him was difficult which should have been my first sign. The boat arrives on Tuesday and is blocked by 10 a.m... I fully expect the rigger to come over (we have been talking for 2 months) and get to work so maybe I could splash on Wed. Colin calls says he will be there in the morning first thing and get her done. First thing is after 9 a.m. but he and his assistant go right to work I am think ok slow start but we off and running. To his credit he seems very knowledgeable about the rig etc. I have to run to West Marine to get bottom paint to touch the pads spots. I also had to buy a new deck light it broke on the way down. When I get back the mast is on the boat I think great. Then he tells me he had to drill out 4 rivets on the port side of the attachment that holds the boom kicker on. I have a hydraulic boom kick and a topping lift for the Dutchmen system. Naturally he doesn’t have the type of rivet device he needs to put them back. He says don’t put up the main until he gets it done. Then we talk and he says just motor over to Fisherman’s village as is and he will come over there and finish the job. They take off headed to another job or some place. I am thinking now what is this not what I planned. I really expected the rig to be done, sails on, and ready to head out. Maybe I was expecting too much but the plan was to get the boat done and in the slip so I could go back to Chicago and focus on moving the house. As I talk to people around I start to hear this guy may not come back. The harbormaster at Fisherman’s Village said he never came back on work he was having done. So I am looking for a replacement if this guy doesn’t get this done ASAP. The good new I have not paid him anything and will not until all is completed and I look it over. Enough of the bad the good is we motored out of the Charlotte Harbor Boat Storage area on Thursday. This is my first experience with very thin water. I only touched down for a minute right in front of the All American yard the rest of the way not issues but never more than 6 to 7 feet. I got through the lock (different story) and Southern Belle is safely in the slip. Everything worked well except the auto pilot is not working. Seems the wing bracket wheel that is on the bottom of the chain is missing. So the pilot works but there is no wheel at the bottom of the chain to turn anything. The wheel must have vibrated off in transit. I have to go hunting for it I think it is below the steering area. The only other issues are the rigger did not hook up any of the mast electronic as he was hired to do. I did figure out the VHF so connected that but nothing else from the mast was connected. So yes I am looking for a rigger as a back up. I think I will give this Colin guy two weeks to get it done (is that sounding fair?). If he is not done by then I will get someone else to finish her up. He will have trouble getting money out of me if I have to replace him. But I really got a great look at the bay and am excited to sail it. I have talk to many people in the marina they tell me I will love it here. It did feel funny I am coming in while everyone one else is hauling out. The yard was full of boats coming out for the OFF SEASON! We are going in but I am sure we will enjoy having the summer to look around and use the boat as home base. So phase one of the story is over. I do have a question, more of a wondering but I will post something on the main page this note is already to long.

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 37 C sloop Punta Gorda FL
P_M me, I will give you a couple of names to finish up your mast.

Status
Not open for further replies.