First 36.7 Head Sump Pump

Jun 10, 2019
Beneteau First 36.7 Marina Village, Alameda
I'm trying to figure out why the shower sump on my 2006 First 36.7 isn't pumping out. The drain is clear. The pump located behind the port upper settee cushion runs when the switch in the head is closed. All the strainers are clear. There appears to be a second pump under the galley sink just upstream from the through-hull that I assume is where the sump ultimately drains. This pump doesn't run when the switch in the head is closed. The through-hull is open and I'd think that even if the second pump was in the flow that water from the sump could still pass it when the upstream pump was running. What am I missing?

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
Does the 2nd pump energize and your icebox drain when you hit the switch in the galley??

Jun 10, 2019
Beneteau First 36.7 Marina Village, Alameda
Yes, it does. Other drains on the boat are single source: Galley sink to though-hull and head sink to though-hull are not combined. So it seem odd to me that the shower sump would combine with the icebox. I'd think there would be backflow into the icebox when the sump pump operated. There are two identical pumps side-by-side behind the settee cushion and they combine downstream into a single hose the disappears aft behind the icebox. Only one of these pumps runs when the head switch is closed.