Finally crawled under my hull...

Sep 5, 2018
Hunter 170 Northfield, NJ
I just got some time today to crawl under the hull of my 170.

The hull looks great. Just the 3" long crack at the center of the back. There are some scratches/ digs on both sides were it scraped against a dock or something.

The swing keel has the 2 fibered tapes on either side the starboard side needs some new double sided sticky tape on the rear 4" or so.

Need to look up how to remove the tape used by the shrink wrap guy. There are 4 pieces of tape stuck to the hull that need to come off. I am thinking some careful heat application with my heat gun. I am very experienced with keeping just enough heat in the right place to get the tape glue warm enough but not the base.

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
Try peanut butter. I have found that peanut butter has some sort of something in it that dissolves the adhesive on stickers and tape. I use it to removed stickers from just about everything. Give it a try, you have nothing to lose, except time.

Sep 5, 2018
Hunter 170 Northfield, NJ
Went out with one of my plastic trim tools I have from Harbor Freight. It is a sharp edge. I used a bit of wd-40 on the blade and let pressure on the blade sliding back and forth. It came off pretty easy.