Feast of Saint Patrick

Oct 3, 2011
Anam Cara Catalina 310 Hull #155 155 Lake Erie/Catawba Island
I have an idea lets ALL pack up and sail to Montserrat and party on Guiness or Harp There.. lets call it a Rendezvous !!!
Come on Peggy-lets go :biggrin:;)

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
I'm not an immigrant, I was born here. Which makes me a native American.
I thought this was an international forum? Here? You mean America, right?
Since we are talking about who got to America first, Saint Brendan should get a mention. Yes there was already an indigenous population here, in America, but there is strong evidence to show groups hoofed it over from Europe too. The spear tips found on the East coast are similar in style to Northern European prehistoric groups while the West coast spear tips are distinctly Asian in style.

I have a friend in Hungary I play video games with every Saturday morning. I'll have to ask him if he celebrates Saint Patrick's day. After all, beer is universal. For me, it's Guinness extra stout, regular Guinness is watery. Smithwick, even better.

- Will (Dragonfly)

Gunni

Mar 16, 2010
Beneteau 411 Oceanis Annapolis
Don’t forget your Glengarry and Tartan Jimmie!
Slainte Chugat!

Oct 10, 2011
Tartan 34C Toms River, New Jersey
I just received a free glass with this thing labeled Guinness on it. Said something about St. Patricks Day.

Wow, free glass.

I gotta go out and find something to put in it.

What's this Guinness stuff?

Anybody know? :)

PS-lots of other immigrants than these ::: LOTS.

Let's welcome them all instead of doing what these nutcases are doing. Sad. We were all immigrants.
I agree as long as they do it LEAGLLY. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am a proud nutcase, who's ancestors came here legally, and were not given any handouts. :)

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
One branch of my family was sent from Scotland to Ireland to quell the rebel Irish, yes the start of the troubles. After a while the Irish ran them out of town and sent them back to Scotland. But the English would have none of that said there was a paradise awaiting them in the Carolinas. The rest is history as they say.

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
...there was a paradise awaiting them in the Carolinas. The rest is history as they say.
And here I am. Loving life in South Carolina. My brother had his DNA tested. We’re about 25% Scotch Irish. But 100% American by birth and 100% Southern by the grace of God.

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
there was a paradise awaiting them in the Carolinas
For my Grand to power 11 father (1687) it was Connecticut from Scotland. Then as pension for fighting in the Revolution, North Carolina 440 acres and a mule, plus Gold, that his widow finally got from Congress. The Revolutionary Grand Pa was a Captain in The Swamp Fox "army" and hid out in South Carolina swamps.
Loving life in South Carolina
:plus::plus:
100% Southern by the grace of God
Y'all should have seen the Saint Pat's Day, small southern town, parade and celebration today.:D:D
We caught enough "fixin's" for a 5 good side meals [cabbage heads, taters, carrots, onions, bell peppers, died black eyed peas, lemons]
@Kermit y'all bring the Corned beef, get ya'selves Rat Cheer, Rat Soon. We got the beer too.:biggrin:
BTW Y'all come!
______
You know the difference between northern girls and Southern Girls?

Jim...

PS: Scots and Irish were all Normans.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Southern Girls will send you a hand-written thank you note. :-D
and Northern girls will stalk you on boating forums. :)

It's also my late mother-in-law's birthday. Funny how I never forgot her birthday...