Favorite sailing pic!

May 12, 2004
Hunter Cherubini 30 New Port Richey
Nice reach! And the background, gotta love it. Reminds me of how much I miss New England in the Fall. Yeah, I know, you're in the Mid-West. Still be-yoo-da-full! :)

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
Nice reach! And the background, gotta love it. Reminds me of how much I miss New England in the Fall. Yeah, I know, you're in the Mid-West. Still be-yoo-da-full! :)
I'm actually close hauled in that picture... if you look you can see the clew of the jib about 9 inches above the car... my close hauled position. But moving. 10 knots and flat water make for big smiles. The forecast was for 5 knots and my rig was set REAL SOFT. You can see tons of headstay sag in the picture, even will full backstay once the 10 showed up in that channel. And yes the colors are starting to get great. But with that comes COLD.

Last edited:

Ted

Jan 26, 2005
C&C 110 Bay Shore, Long Island, NY
Here are a couple of candid photos that a friend of mine took a few weeks ago. We weren't even aware. Just wish that the main was up too. Lazy daysail. Telephotos are great!
16-7_6946.jpg
16-7_6947.jpg

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
Here are a couple of candid photos that a friend of mine took a few weeks ago. We weren't even aware. Just wish that the main was up too. Lazy daysail. Telephotos are great!
Nice shot! And you're right. You see that phototag boat and you raise the mainsail pronto!

Ted

Jan 26, 2005
C&C 110 Bay Shore, Long Island, NY
Agreed, Labella is a great photographer and he's also a talented sailor/crew member. He races with me every week. Too bad he's busy pulling strings. His knowledge of racing helps him anticipate what is going to happen so he can position himself for the "money" shots. I'm sure he would love to shoot some on board action shots if we had extra crew on board. Maybe next season.

Dec 14, 2008
Tartan 30 Bayfield, WI

Quarry Bay - Stockton Island in the Apostle Islands - Lake Superior October 1st, 2016

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
Here are a couple from our Sept vacation on LBI.
A sunset sail and seeing a Sun Dog around the sun for the first time.

6 - First sail.jpg

Sundog On BB.jpg

Last edited: