Favorite Acoustic Music Videos

Feb 6, 1998
Canadian Sailcraft 36T Casco Bay, ME
OK Here are the rules;

*Must be ACOUSTIC versions of music you like.

*Should be great versions showcasing the talents of the artists, fully unplugged.

I'll start..

I discovered The Barenaked Ladies, a Canadian band, through a good friend who went to Berkley College of Music and was friends with them. I met the band on their first tour/shows in the US, in Boston. I was so struck with the talent and energy that we became huge fans.

Sadly Steven Page, one of the band leads, developed "issues" and the band broke up But Ed Robertson, the other lead, began recording some music in his bathroom at home before the break up. The videos are called "The Bathroom Sessions"...

This video shows the two leads of BNL doing what they do. In typical Steven/Ed fashion you can actually hear the toilet flush and Steven entering the camera zipping up his pants. But don't let that sway you..

Feb 6, 1998
Dan Tyminski

OK, also love Bluegrass music and Dan Tyminski, of Vermont, and of Alison Krauss & Union Station fame is one of my favorites.

This video shows Dan and Jerry Douglass (the undisputed worlds finest steel guitar player) playing with some Irish music musicians and mixing Irish music with Bluegrass.

Feb 6, 1998
Here's another...

Many may not know that Daryl Hall of Hall & Oats fame has been having impromtu jam sessions at his home. He's posted many of the videos on You Tube. This one is with Mat Nathenson.. Tallented guy when you bust away all the 80's synthesizers...

Feb 6, 1998
Michael Hedges

I was sooooooooooo lucky to see Michael Hedges at the University of Maine before his very untimely death in a car accident. Perhaps one of the finest guitar players to ever grace the planet. You really have to be a musician to under stand what is going one here but suffice it to say he was AMAZING... Sorry for the video and audio quality but there not much out there of Michael in his prime...

Oh and please remember this is ONE GUY with ONE guitar....... Open tuning extraordinaire...

Feb 6, 1998
Jay Nash & Dave Immergluck

Jay Nash & Dave Immergluck recorded in a hallway. Immergluck was in the Counting Crows...

Feb 6, 1998
Nickel Creek

Shawn & Sarha Watkins with Chris Thile one of the best mandolin players out there....

LuzSD

Feb 21, 2009
Catalina 30 San Diego/ Dana Point, Ca.
Main, I can attach the link but I want to be sure to attach the visual of the You Tube video I want to share........how do I do that?

Feb 6, 1998
Main, I can attach the link but I want to be sure to attach the visual of the You Tube video I want to share........how do I do that?
You click on "SHARE" on YouTube then copy & paste: http: //youtu.be/UFhQwjir8CA only the bolded portion and paste it between the
link tags. Or just post the link and I'll fix it...

LuzSD

Feb 21, 2009
Catalina 30 San Diego/ Dana Point, Ca.
Sorry to get all soft and quiet here but this is one of my favorite acoustic performances. I am going to post a couple more that are just gorgeous and really moving.... then I will add some that are not so heavy.....
And sorry Main, I tried to follow your directions but I think I failed.

http://youtu.be/lWJ3GCWTqqs

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 46 Georgetown YB
Railroad Earth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD5XVJNqV2w&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL391D317E9BB635E5

I first saw these guys back in 2004 at a bar called Mexicali Blues in Teaneck, NJ. They were the opener for Yonder Mountain String Band for a couple of tours. I last saw them earlier this year at the Best Buy Theatre on Broadway.

The fiddle player has his own band that will be playing a benefit at Mexicali Blues this November. The proceeds from his show will be donated to the sailvary duct cancer fund that my sister & brother-in-law founded after they lost their oldest son to the disease last fall.

My nephew was a big fan of music. We took him to his first Grateful Dead show in June 1985 at the age of 3 months. His last show was RRE and others at Red Rocks last Labor Day. He went into ICU in late September and passed on November 10th.

Regards.
DH

Feb 6, 1998
Great band DH!!

Got to see both the Dead and Furthur at Red Rocks.. Best outdoor venue on the planet!!!!