Farewell from JC2

Jun 5, 2010
Hunter 25 Burlington NJ
I'd like to thank all the Cherubini Hunter owners for their long-time respect and affection for these past years. I've never begrudged, not for one second, providing the $200 or so of 'free' advice each week since about 2004. It's been my pleasure to share the camaraderie with you and to encourage people in preserving older boats, in particular those of worthy design pedigree, as a viable economic and environmentally-responsible alternative to buying newer boats. This has been my mission; and your dedication to your boats has shown it has been something of a success.

However the time has come for me to bow out of the dedication attention I've paid to this site in the interests of other matters. I've got a lot of work to do this spring to get my poor boat back into the water (facing the reality that, if the boat is not back in commission by June, I'll be homeless). I'm determined that plans for Diana's recommissioning party move ahead, no matter the state of the boat, for late June at Burlington NJ. Everyone is invited. I've developed a lecture series, essentially an organized version of the content I've provided here, and hope to do a circuit of boating clubs along the US East Coast over the spring and summer. At home we're having a house-clearing sale (basically an art show; no kidding) featuring much original artwork, decorative furniture, boat parts, and prints of my dad's drawings, mounted and not, tenatively scheduled for mid-April here in Riverton NJ. Also I'm scheduling bookshop visits in support of my novel writing (my pen name is on the GoFundMe site that I'm not allowed to mention here; or find me on Amazon --am I allowed to mention that too?). These things require income, time and energy; so that's where my priorities shall lie.

I'm eager to hear from and to help anyone with a particular matter-- just e-mail or phone (I won't be following or responding to SO posts or private messages). And anyone may keep up with all this progress at my blog(s) and via e-mail. So don't be strangers!

In closing, let me just impress upon everyone the meaning of the Thoreau phrase I've tagged onto my SO signature: 'Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.' In my family we have a motto: 'Thought creates matter.' Better put: what you can imagine you can do. Now just do it. :cool:

See you on the water!

Jun 23, 2013
Beneteau 373 Newport
Although I'm not a hunter owner, I have enjoyed and learned from your posts and responses. Thank you!!
The best with your endeavors, I will be watching your links.

Bob
Mirage 24, Cal 2-29, Catalina 36 TR, Beneteau 373

Jun 4, 2004
Hunter 31 and 25 and fomerly 23.5 Stockton State Park Marina; MO
JCII, thanks for all your input and comments here. Good luck with your endeavors. I'll send you some pics of my H25 when I am finally finished. I'm hoping for late summer.
Dennis

Nov 8, 2007
Hunter 27_75-84 Sandusky Harbor Marina, Ohio
JC II, your personality and experience have made your posts a uniquely positive contribution for all of us! Thank you for the real friendship you have always shown us.

I will pray for you as you enter your transition to a new phase of your life.

Fair winds, and following seas as you go!

Db421

Jun 7, 2004
Hunter 34 1986 Lake Lanier, GA
JC,
I thoroughly enjoyed and digested all of your comments over the past few years. You were an immense help and inspiration to me during my recent refit of my '83 h25 Jollygood. Many thanks!

May 12, 2004
Hunter Cherubini 30 New Port Richey
Fair winds, JC. Thank you for all the time (years), you have put in sharing with us your knowledge and expertise. The best of luck with all your other endeavours. You will be missed on this site.

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 37-cutter, '79 41 23' 30"N 82 33' 20"W--------Huron, OH
Thank you JC. You really will be missed.

blunt

Jul 27, 2015
1980 hunter 33 Corpus christi
Jc, thank you for your help. . will be following you and Diana on your journeys.proverbs 16:9 we all make our plans but god determines our footsteps.

Oct 6, 2007
Hunter H30 1982 Chicago IL
JC,
You have been a priceless resource here and will be missed.
Fair winds, and all the best to you.

Jun 13, 2005
Hunter 30_74-83 Fowl River, AL
JC II,
Thanks for all your posts and advice over the years.
I am the proud owner of a 1982 H30, and I plan to keep her until I can no longer take care of her. She is a "Good Old Boat" in every sense of the phrase, and it is thanks to your father's design, and Hunter's production, that thousands of sailors enjoy the sailing life.
I would love to make it to Diana's commissioning and/or your house-cleaning sale! If I can manage to escape the "working life" by then, I will be there.
Best of luck in your future!