eye candy

Oct 1, 2007
Boston Whaler Super Sport Pt. Judith

69' Z28
i had one of these back in the day. got me to and from the boat quicker :)
I did also. Mine was a '69 light green color and it was fast!!!!
Or at least I thought it was fast until that one day. I'm up on route 95 late, no traffic. Heading home from GF house. I'm at about 80 when a Maserati (I think) coupe, guy and a girl, eased by me. Well, hell I said, that ain't gonna happen. Long story short, I finally gave up at 120 as he just kept cruising by me. My car was shaking so badly (crummy OEM tires) I couldn't see out of the rear view mirror. They were probably listening to some soft classical. Now that was a fast car, and I was forever humbled. Probably a good thing.
But I did love that Z. Sold it to buy a house when I married the GF.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
.... Sold it to buy a house when I married the GF.
Ah! My first truck was subject to a similar demise. Sold it to buy a mini-van when the second kid came along and I needed a place for the car seat. :( I made a tonne of great memories in that truck.

But now the kids are grown and I have a much nicer truck...one large enough to pull my H26:biggrin:

DougM

Jul 24, 2005
Beneteau 323 Manistee, MI
Funny how one can chronicle life events through the succession of cars and boats...
First car was a ‘65 Impala SS (396, 4 speed), sailed on other people’s boats. Then a ‘68 GTO, got married, sailed less, wife drove a base ‘70 Firebird w/big V8. We had a succession of Corvettes, then kids, The ubiquitous series of station wagons and vans. Kids got interested in sailing. Joined local sailing club. went through a series of MC scows. Had Suburbans and Tahoes to haul all the sailing gear to regattas etc. Kids went to college. Bought a powerboat, kids came home on weekends, burned all the gas, then left. Sold powerboat. Bought a cruising sailboat, still enjoying it. Wife sadly passed away 3 years ago. Bought a new Corvette. Now have a wonderful new lady in my life. Looks like I’ve come full circle. Life goes on...

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
That boat is awesome. It reminds me of those old Disney movies that take place in Victorian times, like Chitty Chitty Bang Bang or 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

-Will (Dragonfly)