eye candy

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
My in-laws had an old picture on my mother in-law leaning against the railing of the Ticonderoga Steamboat as they rode her across lake Champaign when the Ticonderoga ran ferry runs from Vermont to New York. My in-laws were engaged to be married back then.
45 years later, we went with them to the Shelburne Museum; my father in-law grew up in Shelburne. There was the Ticontaroga, sitting in the middle of their museum campus.
So, we had to tour her and Linda talked her mother into finding the same spot on the railing and posing for the same shot.
I'm sorry I don't have the pictures to post, but it was very sweet. They both reminisced about those days and that trip. My father in-law remembered watching her stream past as he fished from the rocks when he was a kid.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Jun 14, 2010
Robertson & Caine 2017 Leopard 40 CT
Couldn't resist going off topic when I came across these in my image library. This eye candy s truly a "gold plater" custom 1939 Roll-Royce Phantom III Labourdette Vutotal Cabriolet highly customized for a flamboyant New York furrier. Shown in 2012 at the Greenwich Concours D'Elegance auto show.
DSCN0299.JPG
DSCN0297.JPG
DSCN0301.JPG
DSCN0296.JPG

Jun 14, 2010
Seafarer 29 Oologah, OK
Jon, I seem to be recommending a lot of books lately. I think you would enjoy "The odyssey of C.H. Lightoller" if you can find a copy. Among other things he was the senior surviving officer of Titanic.
From Wikipedia - "As the officer in charge of loading passengers into lifeboats on the port side, Lightoller strictly enforced the "women and children first" protocol, not allowing any male passengers to board the lifeboats unless they were needed as auxiliary seamen.[2][3] Lightoller stayed until the last, was sucked against a grate and held under water, but then was blown from the grate by a rush of warm air as a boiler exploded. He found refuge on an upturned collapsible boat with 30 others, showing his fellow survivors how to shift their weight to avoid being swamped, until their rescue at dawn.
[...]
Later, in retirement, he further distinguished himself in World War II, by providing and sailing as a volunteer on one of the "little ships" that played a part in the Dunkirk evacuation. Rather than allow his motoryacht to be requisitioned by the Admiralty, he sailed the vessel to Dunkirk personally and repatriated 127 British servicemen.[8]"

The movie Dunkirk features a plot line inspired by the latter occurrence.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2017
Beneteau First 38 Lyall Harbour Saturna Island
Seems to be so many more pretty East Coast boats than we have out west. Too modern/new out here I guess.