eye candy

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
The very definition of grace. :rolleyes:
I especially admire the lines on the beauty flying the Swedish flag in the beginning of the video. Such elegant curves to both her sheer and that white top cabin.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Last edited:
May 25, 2012
john alden caravelle 42 sturgeon bay, wis
thor heyerdahl first built kon-tiki and crossed the pacific, then he built Ra and tried to cross the atlantic. it failed. but he learned from it. that photo is of Ra II. the improved design. he sailed it across the atlantic. he was interested in migration of peoples of the globe.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
That looks like another one on stands behind her. I think these boats are among the prettiest objects ever created by man. Blitzen was found under a tarp, a couple of decades ago, rotting in Connecticut. She was restored to as near original condition as they could and now is part of a classic yacht museum in england. They did a fantastic job with her.
My time aboard ended with going aground in a storm after the anchor rode parted in Mobile Bay. I think her owner, who's husband was lost at sea, couldn't afford to fix her. I don't think she left Dauphin Island still Blitzen's owner. :(
Well, it is happier days for Blitzen now:)

-Will (Dragonfly)

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Brilliant, design number 12. I don't think there are many S&S schooners. The one in the background of Tom's picture looks like it could be a schooner.

-Will (Dragonfly)