Extra storage on a 456

Jul 30, 2012
hunter 456 jacksonville FL
Has anyone cut the cabin floor out to reveal the extra storage under ? I have seen pictures of boats with extra access cut on both sides of the cabin, in front of the settee and under the table. I was wondering how much extra storage could be gained? And if anyone had the measurements.

dakno

Jun 22, 2009
Hunter 41DS new orleans
Fireman, not specific to you but on my H41 there was a floor panel between the galley storage floor bin in front of fridge and the wet bin with 5 thruhulls in front of companionway. This floor panel in front of sink was held in by 4 screws. I removed the screws and there was a large , dry storage area below. I drilled a thumb hole for lifting and greatly increased my storage area. Don't be afraid!

Sep 11, 2011
Hunter 41AC Bayfield WI, Lake Superior
Fireman, not specific to you but on my H41 there was a floor panel between the galley storage floor bin in front of fridge and the wet bin with 5 thruhulls in front of companionway. This floor panel in front of sink was held in by 4 screws. I removed the screws and there was a large , dry storage area below. I drilled a thumb hole for lifting and greatly increased my storage area. Don't be afraid!
I did the same thing. Lots of extra space.

dakno

Jun 22, 2009
Hunter 41DS new orleans
Sorry guys, just saw the messages, yes here we go...This is a large dry bin separated from the bilge with its own liner
20181017_142405.jpg