Exterior / Interior Calk Used 423

NYSail

Jan 6, 2006
Beneteau 423 Mt. Sinai, NY
Hello all, Need to redo the calk on my large deck windows in salon and was wondering if anybody knew what type sealant Beneteau uses..... The stuff looks unique and appears pretty good.

Thanks

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
Yes,
Just resealed my deck sky light /window about 18 months ago; so far--so good.
Send Debbie or Ward an email requesting the procedure guide for resealing. Unfortunately you are going to have to remove all of the old sealant that includes the silicone outer layer and the adhesive inner layer and clean the surfaces thoroughly. You will have to determine if you want to remove the entire lens or just try to seal with the lens in place. I have talked to individuals who have cracked the lens attempting to remove it ---so beware.
The adhesive that Beneteau used is EMFI Mastic PB (Beneteau part # 234250) along with a 3M Primer P51 (part # 019691); both were purchased from Beneteau USA.
The silicone top layer is GE Silglaze II --SCS 2800 translucent color; I purchased the silicone from zoro.com.
All I can say is that this is an aggrevating job to do and will take at least 3 days considering the difficulty in removing the old sealer and the cure times of the primer, adhesive, and sealer. Check the archives; I think that I may have posted information when I was resealing mine.

NYSail

Jan 6, 2006
Beneteau 423 Mt. Sinai, NY
Thanks... Debbie and ward... at beneteau in sc I assume. I will search for your thread and take a look.

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
Hello all, Need to redo the calk on my large deck windows in salon and was wondering if anybody knew what type sealant Beneteau uses..... The stuff looks unique and appears pretty good.

Thanks
NY,
I have attached the repair procedure from Beneteau with regards to rebedding the deck skylight. in this procedure guide, it depicts the removal of the lens and replacement with a new one. Again, beware, the lens for my Ben. 343 was over $1000.; therefore I opted not to remove it. another 343 owner I talked to , cracked his. Good luck.

Attachments

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2018
Beneteau Oceanis 35 Long Beach
I have done several of these, I helped the local charter fleet, and I can be of assistance, if you want help or need advice let me know. I also put a short youtube vid together - but not sure if it helps