Exhaust

Jul 19, 2015
Beneteau 343 BVI
After motoring back to the slip after getting the boat back from getting a new prop and a bottom job done. While at the slip doing my check list before locking up the boat I found water in the bilge. Tracked down the leak to the exhaust hose. It is a two inch hose that had a hole in it at the fitting where it exits the boat. Where is the best place to buy a new hose? It looks like I will need about 16 ft.

May 12, 2004
Hunter Cherubini 30 New Port Richey
You might try West Marine, but if not, check back with David at Pittman's on Mon. With all the work you just had done, I would think they'd be glad to help you out. See you at the dock, later, maybe.

Jul 19, 2015
Beneteau 343 BVI
I see they sell exhaust hose hear on the site. The hose I have is corrugated of coarse the 2in is sold out. Does anyone know how well the trident-flex bends? It makes a pretty tight bend before it exits the boat.

SG

Feb 11, 2017
J/Boat J/160 Annapolis
So are you in the BVI's?

There is a temporary fix that would probably work with some heavy duty self-amalgamating tape. Is the hole a split or has the has the hose collapsed? Is the hole from abrasion or a some puncture?

Occasionally, I was told that the rated discharge hose delaminates and the inter liner partially collapses. Water still comes out; but the flow is impeded enough to impede flow.

How accessible is the "hole" in the hose? Is there enough "slack" to allow you to cut off the end and re-attach it?

Jul 19, 2015
Beneteau 343 BVI
No we are in Florida. I was able to cut the end off and reattach but it will only go on about an inch. The hose looks like it is past it’s time because it has cracks all over. For peace of mind I just want to replace it.

Nov 9, 2008
Pearson-O'Day 290 Portland Maine
I had to replace my 2" wet exhaust hose on my Pearson-O'day 290 before we launched. Searched for days online. It was worth it. I ended up saving about 50 % over West Marine or any local supply. Prices vary greatly for the same thing. In end, I ordered 16', received 25' (at $10/foot!) so I sold the remaining to a lucky fellow for $50. If I had needed 12' or less, Walmart had the best price by far.

TomY

Alden Forum Moderator
Jun 22, 2004
Alden 38' Challenger yawl Rockport Harbor
I see they sell exhaust hose hear on the site. The hose I have is corrugated of coarse the 2in is sold out. Does anyone know how well the trident-flex bends? It makes a pretty tight bend before it exits the boat.
I had to make a tight bend to form a high loop before the exit, with 2 3/8" hose. I was using Vetus corrugated hose because I knew I'd need to force this bend. It was a wrestling match. This is the max!
High rise gooseneck before discharge  (1 of 1).jpg