Registered users don't see ads

Exhaust vented loop parts

Discussion in 'Ask All Sailors' started by MarkSails21, Jan 8, 2019. Add this thread to a FAQ

1. MarkSails21

MarkSails21

Joined Mar 4, 2018
    9 posts, 0 likes
    Hunter 33.5
    String Theory us Southport
    Anyone know where I can get the parts for the Exhaust Vented Loop on a Yanmar 3gm30f ?
    What was there was what I assume was a nylon fine thread to 3/8" standard thread adapter fitting with a nylon 3/8" npt vent valve. The adapter had sprung a leak and I had to pry it out of the metal portion of the loop.

Attached Files:

2. John T1594

John T1594

Joined Jun 4, 2004
    764 posts, 29 likes
    Hunter 340
    US Forked River, NJ H340
    You will probably have to replace the whole bent aluminum vent loop tube. The plastic part failed on my boat and the only remedy was full replacement.

3. THECUSCUS

THECUSCUS

Joined Sep 25, 2008
    838 posts, 53 likes
    Macgregor & Island Packet VENTURE 25 & IP-38
    US NORTH EAST, MD

4. MarkSails21

MarkSails21

Joined Mar 4, 2018
    9 posts, 0 likes
    Hunter 33.5
    String Theory us Southport
    Found them at BoatOwners warehouse in Fort Lauderdale but only bought one. If the one I replaced was original (most likely) it lasted over 25 years. I don't think I'll be keeping the boat another 25 years but you never know. Moving on to a whole plethora of boat projects now so expect lots of posts seeking "how to" etc. etc. to come. Thanks to all that reply with information.

20% OFF innovative boat clips!
FixClip holds laundry, tools, anything to rails and life lines even in strong winds.
NEW rigid hatch covers
Hatch protection like never before. Tough, secure, installs in seconds.
Teak companionway doors
Amazing artisan quality, custom made to fit your boat.
Ready-made sheets and halyards
Now faster than ever, our calculator tells you what sizes you need.