Exchange Shopping for Honorably Discharged Veterans

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
In November of 2017 the Armed Forces Exchange Services opened online shopping to all honorably discharged veterans of the U. S. Armed Forces regardless of number of years of service. Shopping is limited to online purchases; tobacco, alcohol, and uniforms are excluded.

Pre-registration is required and can be accomplished through the VA website by applying for a Veteran ID Card (VIC), or through the Vet Verify service, links are provided below. Shopping privileges are intended for the registered service member.

You can read more at: https://dod.defense.gov/News/Article/Article/1049558/dod-opens-online-exchange-shopping-to-veterans

Apply to the VA for a VIC which is proof of honorable service and may also be good for other discounts offered throughout the community: https://www.va.gov/records/get-veteran-id-cards/vic/ or, register to establish AAFES/Exchange shopping eligibility via: VetVerify.org

Apr 7, 2016
Beneteau First 305 Seward, Alaska
The link goes to an article from 2017. It doesn’t look like the program is still active. I’m a vet and with vfw so I can provide a dd214 if needed.

Apr 7, 2016
Beneteau First 305 Seward, Alaska
I don’t have any dod vet privileges though since I didn’t do 20 years

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
Sorry about the broken link. I fixed it so it now points to How To Get A Veterans ID Card.

19thol

May 2, 2014
Hunter 30 St.Petersburg, Fl
I just went to the armed forces exchange services, doesn't say you can shop if you're a veteran. Only if retired or disabled.

19thol

May 2, 2014
Hunter 30 St.Petersburg, Fl
I stand corrected, went to the online store and was able to set up an account. Sorry.

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
Was able to set up exchange privileges without difficulty. Perhaps it was because I set up a veterans ID last year thru the VA.
Set up a user ID and password on the www.shopmyexchange.com website and logged on. Not much with regards for sailing and boating items. Might be another source for online shopping for general items as well as military type items. They must have some type of government conferred tax exemption because they advertise no sales tax. Free shipping on purchases over $50.