Engine Blower Hunter 340

ger123

Nov 25, 2016
Hunter 340 Pula
Hello!

Have someone installed a engine blower on a Hunter 340?
I want to install a blower an looking for a good and easy solution to get the warm air in the engine room outside.

Thank's
Gerhard

Oct 29, 2016
Hunter 41 DS Port Huron
We have one on our 41DS I believe it came from the factory that way though. The vent is mounted on the port side just in front of the cockpit combing about midway between the gunwale and the cabin top, the vent hose runs up to that point from the small exhaust fan through the port side closet and lazarette. I have not looked at it that close to know what size flex tubing is used but I can't imagine it bigger than 2" given the exhaust vent size. I question now as I write this what is incorporated in the design if anything that would prevent down flooding should the boat be rolled onto its side. I have used it after a long motor use day when the temps were already warm, oh I had to use that word......warm, won't see that again for a while.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
Dreamer, I'll take your word for it, but a hose that small seems more like a fresh air intake to go into the engine room. I assume you checked that vent for blowing/sucking direction? I have two such vents on my B323.

Oct 29, 2016
Hunter 41 DS Port Huron
@Ron20324 like I said I haven't investigated the flex line size, but it does draw from the engine bay there is a switch on the 12 V panel turns it on and off. I looked through the manual and couldn't find any information on it.

Apr 21, 2014
Hunter 356 Middle River, MD
I too want to install a blower for my 356, with an intake line low for cooler air in and a exhaust line high with a blower to remove the hot air. I remember this link on the SBO 356 site that detailed this and you could possibly get some ideas from.
In addition I had in my notes a cheaper inline motor that someone had mentioned - ShurFlo Yellowtail In-Line Blower.
https://sbo.sailboatowners.com/downloads/Hunter_356_71451404.pdf
Jeff