electrical schematics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogirl

Mar 7, 2012
I am looking for electrical schematics for Mac 25. Bought "fixer-upper" & wires are everywhere! Thanx.

Sumner

Jan 31, 2009
Macgregor & Endeavour 26S and 37 Utah's Canyon Country
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the Mac. Not sure you are going to find a wiring diagram, but the wiring is pretty simple and also the original wiring is pretty cheap. We have a 26S, but most of the wires you can just start tracing to where they go to or come from.

Here was the mess...

... on our boat. I pretty much replaced it all at this point except for the wires to the bow and stern light and they are pretty easy to find. You might think about replacing your wire also and maybe the ...

..fuse panel with something newer that uses spade fuses.

We bought most of our wires and the fuse panel and such from....

http://genuinedealz.com/

and what they didn't have we got from Defender....

http://www.defender.com/

Thee is more on our re-wire here.....

http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/macgregor2/inside-30.html

Right now do you have a specific problem?

Sum

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]============================[/FONT]

Our Endeavour 37

Our MacGregor 26-S Pages

Our Trips to Utah, Idaho, Canada, Florida

Mac-Venture Links

Doug J

May 2, 2005
Hunter 26 Oceanside, CA
Congratulations on your new boat! The basic wiring is very simple. Like Sum said it's pretty easy to follow the wires.

Here's a simple schematic, which is likely exactly what you will be dealing with.
Unless there's shore power, sub-panels, solar panels, battery chargers, etc.
You can add those things later.:D

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Generally, regardless of what the manual says, there's a distinct possibility that the PO(s) may have changed stuff.

Best thing to do, as Sum suggested, is to trace the wiring out yourself and do a simple diagram.

caguy

Sep 22, 2006
Catalina, Luger C-27, Adventure 30 Marina del Rey
Sometimes its best to start fresh. It doesn't take much to move all that electrical out of the bilge and to a place where it is more easily accessible. The guy I sold Whisper to installed a new electrical panel, master switch, and battery monitor to the port side bulkhead. He mounted it all on a nice piece of teak ply. The galley was still able to slide in and out. I would take pictures of it but he removed it all while getting a divorce.

Doug J

May 2, 2005
Hunter 26 Oceanside, CA
You certainly don't need to go this far, but you might consider conduit, since you're gonna be re-doing things anyway. I found this Carlon Conduit to be great stuff. It's very inexpensive. You can install it in places where you'll be running long wires through hard to get at areas. I ran some through both sides cockpit coamings, one from the galley overhead compartment to under the v-berth, and another from port to starboard, under the cabin sole. The ends are fasten with these neat plastic brackets. This stuff can actually be pushed through tight areas. I found that I could actually push wires through the conduit. I left a pull string in each one, so if I need to run a new wire it'll be real easy.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_72949-223-12007-UPC_4294821889_4294937087_?productId=3129595&Ns=p_product_prd_lis_ord_nbr|0||p_product_qty_sales_dollar|1&pl=1&currentURL=%2Fpl_Conduit_4294821889_4294937087_%3FNs%3Dp_product_prd_lis_ord_nbr|0||p_product_qty_sales_dollar|1&facetInfo=

Attachments

Sumner

Jan 31, 2009
Do you have a link handy for those clamps? Also do you know the inside dia. of them? I can see some other uses for them and I wish I would of run some of that conduit myself a few places. It would of saved some time later,

Sum

Our Endeavour 37

Our MacGregor 26-S Pages

Mac-Venture Links
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][/FONT]

Doug J

May 2, 2005
Hunter 26 Oceanside, CA
I used 3/4" conduit.

Definitely a time saver later.

Here's the link for the Conduit Support Strap.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_254891-223-...carlon+pvc+conduit+fittings&page=5&facetInfo=

Here's a pic of my over galley compartment. I used 4ga supply wires from the batt's under the v-berth, it was a little tough getting both of them through there, but it worked by pushing the wires through, some grease would have helped.

Also shouldn't overlook the fact the wires are protected too!

Sumner

Jan 31, 2009
I used 3/4" conduit.

Definitely a time saver later.

Here's the link for the Conduit Support Strap.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_254891-223-...carlon+pvc+conduit+fittings&page=5&facetInfo=

Here's a pic of my over galley compartment. I used 4ga supply wires from the batt's under the v-berth, it was a little tough getting both of them through there, but it worked by pushing the wires through, some grease would have helped.

Also shouldn't overlook the fact the wires are protected too!

Thanks and I see they have them in 1 inch also. Now I need to remember or go measure some 3/4 PVC and see if that is the ID or OD :redface:. If one of those clamps is 1 inch ID then I could see using them possibly on the pushpit railing for some light stuff.

Not as nice looking as a stainless clamp, but I'll bet a lot less expensive and I see they have a UV inhibitor. I just made a ton of aluminum clamps of various designs to use on the 1 inch railing on the Endeavour to hold the solar panel mounts and other items,

Sum

Our Endeavour 37

Our MacGregor 26-S Pages

Mac-Venture Links

Doug J

May 2, 2005
Hunter 26 Oceanside, CA
Thanks Bill! And Sum I haven't thought of using those clamps on the rail, they might work for certain things. I thought I might have an extra one in my garage I could test, if I have one I couldn't find it.

Doug J

May 2, 2005
Hunter 26 Oceanside, CA
What did you use to attach the clamps to the fiberglass?
Well, the ones in the laz for example, I thru bolted them. Other areas I used outdoor/waterproof construction adhesive ie., Liquid Nails to fasten a block of wood, then used SS wood screws.

Status
Not open for further replies.