Dual Water Tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bob

I am the proud owner of a 1988 MK II (July 04) and I am trying to get to know the boat as quick as I can. I noticed that the forward water tank has a gate valve shutoff. However, I am not certain if the settee berth tank has one as well. My question is; Can the tanks be used in series (gate valve(s) left open) or are they independently plumbed to the water pump? You would think that the larger capacity forward tank drains into the smaller settee tank and that supplies the water pump. Or can these be used independent of one another? If I had a plumbing diagram I would'nt have to ask, but any input is appreciated. Regards Bob

May 10, 2004
Beneteau 36 CC Sidney, BC, Canada
series

my 83 has the same set up - the settee tank has no valve. Open the vberth gate valve and the settee tank fills - in series. see link below under fresh water system.

A

Alan Gomes

Not in series

Actually, the vee-berth tank does not drain into the smaller starboard tank. I believe the diagram at http://www.tcsn.net/bosun/c30/techdrawings.htm verifies this as well. --Alan Gomes "Sola Scriptura" San Pedro, CA

T

Tom Ehmke

In-line valve for the v-berth tank

I am a new owner of an '83 C-30. This summer I ran out of water from the settee tank and after snooping around under the quarter berth, found an in-line valve which opens the line to the forward water tank. The tanks are not connected and water doesn't flow through the settee tank from the v-berth tank. The only way water will flow from the forward tank is to open the valve. It can be closed when the settee tank is filled and the flow is uninterrupted. This may be a mod made by the previous owners, but that is how it works on my boat. Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.