DTOP 2019 Decal Renewal

Oct 4, 2008
Hunter 36 Mulberry Cove Marina
Has anyone received their 2019 decal?
I submitted my renewal online and they processed my payment on Nov 1, 2019. Said it would take 4-6 weeks. Checked with them this week and they told me it would take another 4-6 weeks due to the demand. 2018 decals expire on Dec 31st. This is the 1st year I have experienced a problem with renewing my decal. For the last 10 years I have received my renewal with a month. No excuse for this kind of service but there is no one to complain to that will take action to remedy.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
When I put my boat info into ROAM, it had the option to put the payment I’d number in. It was instead of the decal number. Get the impression they know they are slow and are accomadating for it..

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Keep a copy of the receipt on your boat... or a photo on your phone. If you run into trouble blame Peloci or Trump (depending on which way your door swings) for the slow response and just show them that you paid the fee. Should be fine.

Mar 1, 2012
1961 Rhodes Meridian 25 Texas coast
Vessels over 30 ft and private aircraft need a Customs Decal in order to clear customs. It is for most of us an archaic requirement that has its history in cross border trade and facilitating clearing the border and customs.
Is this for going into Canada?

Nov 13, 2013
Catalina 34 Tacoma
Has anyone received their 2019 decal?
I submitted my renewal online and they processed my payment on Nov 1, 2019. Said it would take 4-6 weeks. Checked with them this week and they told me it would take another 4-6 weeks due to the demand. 2018 decals expire on Dec 31st. This is the 1st year I have experienced a problem with renewing my decal. For the last 10 years I have received my renewal with a month. No excuse for this kind of service but there is no one to complain to that will take action to remedy.
The first time I returned from Canada the customs officer asked me if I'd like to buy a decal for the next time. Paid my $25 and never received a "decal".

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
The decal is actually a little sticker. I never put mine on, it is stapled to the USCG Documentation form.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
My first return to US I had to stop for inspection at Port Angeles WA. The official asked for the paperwork, which included the letter with Decal attached. I got heck for not having it attached to the boat (like a car license plate registration sticker). He claimed I could transfer it from boat to boat and cause mayhem. I said yes Officer.
It is still in the envelope attached to the letter of transmittal.

The rule states it must be permanently attached to the boat prior to inspection.

All I know is what I read in the papers....