Drawer slides

Nov 16, 2012
Catalina 310, 2000, #31 31 Santa Cruz
I read a write up in an old MainSheet magazine about replacing the slides on the drawers under the berth. I ordered new slides (KV840012) from cabinetparts.com and replaced them this weekend. It wasn't that bad of a project, other than having to contort my body to fit in the space. The measurements all worked out easy. Being able to pull the drawers all the way out is great. The original article said to use #4 3/8" screws, but I just used the original screws on the cabinet side. On the drawer side I used #6 3/8", but 1/2" long would also have been ok. The space between the cabinet and drawers seems a little tight for the slides, as they were hard to open initially, but after several open/close cycles it's getting easier.
IMG_1014.JPG IMG_1024.JPG IMG_1025.JPG

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Nice project Rob... I am feeling the inspiration! Or maybe the perspiration just thinking about how I will have too boat yoga.

Nov 16, 2012
Nice project Rob... I am feeling the inspiration! Or maybe the perspiration just thinking about how I will have too boat yoga.
Thanks. This, plus the new stove, have been very well received by my wife, who, luckily for me, loves sailing as much as I do.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Those look like pretty nice slides too. Having good slides masks a huge difference.
You must feel a lot better with that done. :dancing:
Now you just need some art work for cabin.
- Will (Dragonfly)

Nov 16, 2012
Those look like pretty nice slides too. Having good slides masks a huge difference.
You must feel a lot better with that done. :dancing:
Now you just need some art work for cabin.
- Will (Dragonfly)
Done. All Marie Gabriella. Prints and one original. A local artist who lives right by us. Years ago I sailed a Santa Cruz 70 in the Pacific Cup with her husband. Small world.