Dragonfly / Battleborn LiFePO4 batteries

Apr 5, 2009
Catalina '88 C30 tr/bs Oak Harbor, WA
On my RV sites I am seeing a lot of discussion about Dragonfly / Battleborn LiFePO4 batteries but cannot find anything on the sailboatowners.com forums. Anyone know if these are appropriate to use on a boat?

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2009
I had read this article several years ago which is why I asked the question. The BattleBorn brand of LiFePO4 drop-in's produced by Dragonfly Energy systems of Reno, NV are now standard equipment or an option in Class A motorhomes made by several different manufacturers so they might be an option. They run about $1,000 / 100 amp in a GC2 format.
https://battlebornbatteries.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/BBGC2-Cut-Sheet.pdf

Feb 6, 1998
Canadian Sailcraft 36T Casco Bay, ME
I had read this article several years ago which is why I asked the question. The BattleBorn brand of LiFePO4 drop-in's produced by Dragonfly Energy systems of Reno, NV are now standard equipment or an option in Class A motorhomes made by several different manufacturers so they might be an option. They run about $1,000 / 100 amp in a GC2 format.
https://battlebornbatteries.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/BBGC2-Cut-Sheet.pdf
The article has been updated numerous times. Specifically focus on the updated part regarding drop in LFP.. With an RV you can pull over & call AAA, on a boat....

Apr 5, 2009
Thanks Maine. Have you tested these batteries from Dragonfly (and the new Trojan's). If so, how did they do?
I am not looking at them or propulsion. I am looking at them for house loads for navigation, lighting, AP, refrigeration...

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
The article has been updated numerous times. Specifically focus on the updated part regarding drop in LFP.. With an RV you can pull over & call AAA, on a boat....
On your website is it possible to include a published on and updated on for the articles? Doing so would allow us to know how current the information is.

Thanks.