Don't know where Weds is photo day went, but here's an old one

Oct 1, 2007
Boston Whaler Super Sport Pt. Judith
This would date back to about '75 or '76. My first boat, bought with paper route income. That's me walking the boat away from shore and a cousin aboard. It was probably the next year I added a little bowsprit and a home-made jib (sewing courtesy Mom). This boat had a centerboard, rather than a daggerboard.
View attachment 160310
Ha! Memories. I had a paper route from the time I was 10 until I went away to college. My parents never had to give me an allowance and I always had money in my pocket. I delivered 60 papers every day except Sunday and it was great except for deadbeat customers who wouldn't pay me. I had a procedure I followed to get their attention. There was a two week grace period when I kept up their service unimpeded. The third week I began tearing their front page every day. If they still didn't settle up after 1 week of torn front pages, I began tearing the entire paper in half. That usually worked. They had no choice if they wanted delivery because each of us "paperboys" had monopolistic control over our customers. No poaching. :)

DArcy

Feb 11, 2017
Islander Freeport 36 Ottawa
I had a paper route from the time I was 10 until I went away to college.
I started late, I got my first paper route at 11. I delivered papers until I was 15 when I got a job at McDonald's. The paper route made me enough to buy a bike so I could ride down to the harbour.

Feb 11, 2017
Gulfstar 47 NC
Nat,
Give us an update. Is she still on a tug? I know you are proud. Most of the group here has accumulated “lots”of memories.

Jun 14, 2010
Robertson & Caine 2017 Leopard 40 CT
6994273D-1FAF-4B2F-94BA-DCBE487033DB.jpeg
Not to change the theme, but this memory is from 2 days ago, on Caye Caulker, Belize. We chartered a cat about 11 years ago and felt that we didn’t spend enough time in that island, which imho was the best we visited on that trip. Fast forward to last week, we spent some time on the mainland seeing Mayan ruins and jungle habitats, and ended with a go-slow few days in Caye Caulker, with a little sailing and snorkeling. I was able to scratch the sailing itch on a rented Laser, which is a lot of fun per foot. There’s also someone who rents out a Hobie but the guy was off-island when we were there.

JRacer

Aug 9, 2011
Beneteau 310 Cheney KS (Wichita)
Here are a few of my son over the years.

DSC00685.jpg

Sunfish Worlds - Houston - 2002

R003-009.JPG

College Sailing - University of Kansas - 2003

DSC02709.jpg

Driving my J/24 2004

10998085_10101110832355064_248256772612476005_n.jpg

Kiteboarding

R005-005.JPG

Crossing the finish line first at the Sunfish Worlds 2003 - Sint Maarten

jrsail4.jpg

Roughly 1993 at 8 years old- his first boat.

Oct 2, 2008
Pearson/ 530 Strafford, NH
Need to think about this. First reaction: Not fair to place a memorial sign on a pile of flotsam and jetsam. :(
Same here, but this is at the top of Boo Boo Hill. Most of these cruisers volunteer services to Exuma Park like picking up trash, painting signs, and improving trails so the park allows this one vanity. The beaches were very clean.

TomY

Alden Forum Moderator
Jun 22, 2004
Alden 38' Challenger yawl Rockport Harbor
Same here, but this is at the top of Boo Boo Hill. Most of these cruisers volunteer services to Exuma Park like picking up trash, painting signs, and improving trails so the park allows this one vanity. The beaches were very clean.
I thought that may be Bu Bu Hill. We anchored there for a few days 30 years ago. The 'shrine' has grown. :)

Oct 2, 2008
Pearson/ 530 Strafford, NH
I thought that may be Bu Bu Hill. We anchored there for a few days 30 years ago. The 'shrine' has grown. :)
I heard many parts blew into the sea during hurricane Matthew. So ends the good luck.