Does the anchor locker on a C-30 1983

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chip Willlis

dring into the bilge? I see a hole in the bow for drainage and I have not emptied the anchor locker of it's contents to look at it since we bought the boat eight months ago. I admit this is looking for a quick answer to a rain water in the bilge problem. I am going to the boat show in the rain but have not done the wet work of looking in the anchor locker, just sucking the water from the bilge. Pease help be lazy. Thanks Chip

T

Tom Ehmke

Chip, the anchor locker does not...

drain into the bilge. It drains overboard. Tom

May 10, 2004
Beneteau 36 CC Sidney, BC, Canada
leak

Chip- as Tom says the anchor locker drains overboard, however, it can leak - I had a Cat 27 with an anchor locker that leaked in under the vberth - a layer of fiberglass on the locker interior seams solved it. Use a water soluble marker and draw lots of lines on the hull area under the berths etc where you think the leak comes from, after a rain when you find water look over the lines and see if there are spots where water has washed the marker away, the leak will be "uphill" from there.

J

John

locker leak

Ive seen two boats plus mine a88C30 leak into the small locker in the bow under the Veebunk the catalina guys put the throw hull drain at the waterline before the deck was mounted. When the deck and hull liner is put in it cracks the hose barb off on the top and it leeks slowley when you are sleeping in the bunk and it is in a tight spot to get a new fitting in.

May 10, 2004
Beneteau 36 CC Sidney, BC, Canada
mid 80's 30

John the mid 80's cat 30 has a drain from the anchor locker that exits about one foot down from the deck at the bow - right at the level of the bottom of the anchor locker. but as far as I can see it is just a hole the thickness of the fiberglass. do the newer 30's have a hose barb and hose to a hole near the water line?

Status
Not open for further replies.