Dodger for 30T

Rxsail

Mar 25, 2018
Hunter 30T Lake Norman
We are on a lake in NC, only canvas shops that cover pontoon boats and runabouts. Where can I find a dodger for my 30T? I like to sail in the winter and had one on my prior Catalina 30, but it came with the boat. Suggestions? The shops on the coast say they need the boat and I haven't found a DIY kit (not great with canvas fabrication anyway, but I can install it.

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
Sailrite has all the parts and great instructional videos. Might be a solution for you.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
I have an interest in this and plan to make my own. Dragonfly is very small and I've never seen a Mariner with a dodger, but I want one. I looked at small biminies with the idea that a piece of clear plastic could be glues/sewn into the front side to fit over the cabin and hatch. I really think this would work, the dodger frames I've seen aren't much different than bimini frames. I couldn't find a used frame to fit Dragonfly so I'm going to fabricate one from old dome tent poles. For a 30 footer, it shouldn't be hard to find a better fit.
I think, by the time I manage to make all the stuff I want for Dragonfly, 'Gypsy Caravan' would be a better name for her.

- Will (Dragonfly)