DIY Swim Platform on 1980 Hunter 30

Jan 19, 2018
Hunter Cherubini 30 Cayuga Lake, NY
I have searched the forum pictures for an example of a post production (Home Brew) swim platform mounted on the stern of a Hunter; preferably a 30ft Cherubini but I have not seen anyone that has covered this. I'm not looking for a back porch, I'm just looking for a place to sit a spell while we swim and climb in and out of the boat at anchor. If you installed one yourself or have a picture of a friend that did I'd be interested in what worked and what didn't. I am a new owner and my family would like to get the most out of the upcoming season. I would appreciate any advice.

May 12, 2004
Hunter Cherubini 30 New Port Richey
While a swim platform is convenient, IMHO I think it would ruin the look. Instead, how about a folding platform that hooks onto the transom and can be taken off and stowed. I don't know of such a thing but maybe the engineers on this forum can come up with something.

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
I have seen DIY boarding ladders from PVC (the real heavy stuff). Maybe you can build one of those and place a make-shift platform on it for sitting. I do recall someone building a ladder and posting it here, somewhere. LOL

Mar 20, 2011
Hunter 31_83-87 New Orleans
Attached are pics from a mid 80's H31 and H34. Basically its the attachment point on the hull for the SS ladder and then upwards for storage you can see the angle. the attachment point is circular SS material bolted into the stern with a stub that the ladder end slides over and is held in place with a clevis pin/circular cotter. think this could be made from other materials to suit your needs. if you need measurements or addl pics off my H31 let me know.

Attachments