Dish drying locker fan - hunter 45 DS

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
A fan to dry dishes in a special drying locker....really??? Seems to me that unless you're serving full course meals for at least 8 people it would be easier to just use a dish towel and put 'em away than have to put 'em in the locker and then put 'em away. Even if you do have that many, putting half of 'em to work drying would still still make more sense.

Oct 1, 2007
Boston Whaler Super Sport Pt. Judith
On my boat the switch is just below the counter top on the closest locker panel. It is a small rocker switch.

Nodak7

Sep 28, 2008
Hunter 41DS Punta Gorda, FL
Boby, on our boat the switch is just below the counter top above the cabinet door under the sink. A small white rocker switch.

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
On my H-36 just below the counter in between cabinet door and too many times it was hit
accidentally and really don’t need it to dry anything and so removed the wires and have not needed it for many years.
Nick

Oct 26, 2010
Hunter 40.5 Beaufort, SC
There is a small fan in the dish drying locker, where is the switch that turns it on?
Thanks
What is a "dish drying locker" and where is it located? Seems like a waste of space on a boat where space is normally at a premium and a waste of battery power. Not criticizing, just never heard of such a thing? I have a "wet locker" for foul weather gear though there is no fan there - I guess I got short-changed.

Jun 11, 2011
Hunter 41 Lewes
It's actually a great little item. There is a dish/glass cabinet in the galley just behind the sink with glass doors so you can see your dishware. It has a small fan like a computer fan and the switch is right below the sink and above the cabinet doors of the under sink cabinet. So you don't have to move them Peggy, they are in their cupboard.

Oct 26, 2010
Hunter 40.5 Beaufort, SC
It's actually a great little item. There is a dish/glass cabinet in the galley just behind the sink with glass doors so you can see your dishware. It has a small fan like a computer fan and the switch is right below the sink and above the cabinet doors of the under sink cabinet. So you don't have to move them Peggy, they are in their cupboard.
Sounds interesting. So you aren't wasting space since that is where the dishes/glasses are stored anyway. Does it have "drain" into the sink? You could always save battery power by drying them by hand before you put them in there. Probably won't work with my paper plates though :doh:

Jun 11, 2011
Hunter 41 Lewes
I haven't checked for a drain actually but if anything I would imagine it hits the bilge. It's my one complaint on the 41, they ran everything to the bilge. A/C condensate drains, the fridge condensate drain, the freezer condensate drain and I'm sure the drying cabinet drains there also.

Apr 11, 2010
Hunter 38 Whitehall MI
As pointed out its actually the cupboard where dishes are stored. On our 38 it came with a rack that holds dinner plates, lunch plates and on the side there hangs a rack that holds the silverware.

The switch is located in a bank of rockers just below the countertop.

And the drain in the bottom goes to the bilge.

We never actually use the fan for drying dishes. A dish tower dries just fine.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2012
BAVARIA C57 Greenport, NY
uncledom, you think you have drain issues? On the 50 these is a wet locker in the port aft cabin with a built in drain to guess where, the bilge.

Jun 11, 2011
Hunter 41 Lewes
uncledom, you think you have drain issues? On the 50 these is a wet locker in the port aft cabin with a built in drain to guess where, the bilge.
LOL yeah and it's way down on the list of things to make better, isn't it.