Dinghy Davits on Catalina 387

Feb 7, 2015
Catalina 387 MPLS
I am installing Garhaeur Davits on my Catalina 387. I am going to install the davits and suport post feet the way Garhaeur and Kato recommend--on the angled outboard transum in the area of the sugar scoop
another 387 owner warned me that that area of the387 transum has problems with small cracks in the fiberglass and the added load will make the problem worce. I have no cracks on my transum now
Has any one had a problem with this??
Thanks, Dave

jmrsq

Feb 8, 2015
Catalina 387 Miami
I am installing Garhaeur Davits on my Catalina 387. I am going to install the davits and suport post feet the way Garhaeur and Kato recommend--on the angled outboard transum in the area of the sugar scoop another 387 owner warned me that that area of the387 transum has problems with small cracks in the fiberglass and the added load will make the problem worce. I have no cracks on my transum now Has any one had a problem with this?? Thanks, Dave
We have a Catalina 387 that we installed a Garhaeur davits on the transom have had no problems with transom cracking we have an 11 foot rib with a 9 hp Mercury hanging from the davits. if you are concerned a larger backing plate in the transom will help john

May 24, 2014
Catalina Catalina 387 Forked River, NJ
Hi,
We are about to order the garhauer dinghy davits for our 387. Have you installed?
Do the davits interfere with opening the stern hatches on sugar scoop? i Do you have any pictures? If installed, how do you like them? Appreciate any insight.
Thanks,
Chuck and Nat Speicher
s/v No Fear
Hull #3

Jun 9, 2004
Catalina 385 Marquette. Mi
I love Garhauer......but dont forget to check out Katos. I think they have a 387 pic on their site. I love my Katos!!