dinghy davit system for H280?

May 15, 2015
Marlow-Hunter 31 Everett, WA
Just bought a Zodiac 8'10", 68 lb. inflatable. Now researching various methods of cruising with a dinghy in a smaller sailboat. Reluctant to simply tow it, given the drag on the boat/engine, and impractical/difficult to place on foredeck, given space limitations.

Has anyone come across a davit system for a 28-30' boat or have a good method of lashing it to the stern?

Matt

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
Garhauer Marine makes them ... will help with mounting plates also. $1400 for 1" tubing, $1600 for 1-1/4"

Sailm8

Feb 21, 2008
Hunter 29.5 Punta Gorda
IMHO your boat is too small for davits. I have a 29.5 and tow my RIB behind the boat. Sure it slows me down some but what's the hurry?

May 15, 2015
Marlow-Hunter 31 Everett, WA
Thanks everyone for the fast replies. I really like the sling device. Cat 310, I assume there are straps (not shown or not easily seen on the website?) that attach the bottom of the sling to something on the stern... What do you have yours attached to?

I also found this C ring system, which I think would work on a 280, but I'd rather not drill any holes in the swim platform--would prefer the sling.

http://www.allboatproducts.com/Davi...ng-davit-system-manual-and-quick-release.html

Matt

Jan 17, 2013
Catalina 310 St. Simons Island, GA
Yes it is all connected with straps. The website you posted has the same product listed but other options that require installing some hardware. The sling is all straps and completely removable.
bob