Dinette size

Feb 11, 2015
Catalina 22 Lake Jacomo
Anyone know the dimensions of the dinette berth on original design? I want to add a memory foam topper but won't be at my boat to measure before my next overnight. Would really like to pick one up tomorrow and was hoping someone here either knows the size or has their boat in the driveway or cushions stored in the garage.

May 23, 2016
Catalina 22 #12502 BSC
this may help, dinette table cushion only is in garage, measures 35 x 24, boat isn't here so can't help on the overall length...I suppose you'll have to buy a twin bed topper and cut to fit when you get to the boat anyway as it tapers fore to aft in width some....ours is an '84, first version...

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2015
Catalina 22 Lake Jacomo
Thanks, that does help. That would definitely make it twin size. I was afraid it was going to fall between sizes and I would be stuck cutting down a more expensive full. I think a 2" topper over my existing cushions is going to make a big difference.

Sep 14, 2014
Catalina 22 Pensacola, Florida
I should add, get a divorce like i did and you do not have to break down the dinette each night, just sleep on the starboard settee!

May 23, 2016
Catalina 22 #12502 BSC
off topic, but dinette table related...one eze improvement I made, cut exactly 8" off the port side of the table top, (re-attach the brackets), really opens up the cabin space, minimizes the rocking table issue when someone leans on the corner. Stow the cutoff piece and put it back in place when using as a berth. Original table leg still functional and folds up outta the way as designed....

Last edited: