diesel fuel tank capacity

Jul 5, 2017
Hunter 25.5 Arizona
What is the diesel fuel tank capacity for a 1985 Hunter 25.5 with the inboard Yanmar diesel? Also, the store here doesn't list the 25.5 for fuel or water fill caps, do any other years cross-reference over?

May 24, 2004
CC 30 South Florida
I would suspect like finefurn that the h25.5 Cherubini was fitted with the same 12 gallon tank used for the h27. The Yanmar diesel 1GM burns around 1/4 of a gallon per hour on the average so in theory it could provide 48 hours of motoring. It is a fact that not all of the fuel capacity is usable as at some point before the tank is empty the pump will start sucking air and break suction. This situation can be aggravated by boat motion induced by the heights of the seas. I personally estimate maintaining a reserve of 20% to account for unusable capacity and unanticipated higher consumption. That would be about 2.5 gallons leaving an estimated capacity of 9.5 gallons or 38 hours of motoring. It was reported by Brian Bosley that his h25.5 had a water tank capacity of 23 gallons.

Jul 5, 2017
Hunter 25.5 Arizona
Thanks for that, now I have to figure out what newer replacement fuel/water cap works as the store here doesn't list my boat