Deck fill caps

Nov 27, 2013
S2 9.2A Northport, MI
I need new deck fill caps. I have two choices. I can get the caps or I can get the full assembly. What does the "full assembly" consist of?

Aug 22, 2017
Hunter 26.5 West Palm Beach
The cap & the thing that it screws into, I would assume. I assume that the assembly gives you everything above the hose, except for the mounting screws. If you post a picture of what you have, I might be able to give a more informed response.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
What does the "full assembly" consist of?
The ring that holds the cap on. This requires removing the fill pipe below and reconnecting.
Catalina Direct now offers stainless versions of their plastic caps if that's what you have - not only Catalina used them.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
You are assured of a proper fit of cap to receiver if you buy the entire assembly. But if you take proper measurements, you should be okay just getting the cap.

Oct 26, 2008
Catalina 320 Barnegat, NJ
If you get an assembly, also be careful that you get the proper diameter for the receiver. I found that with 3 deck fills for 1-1/2" hose, I have 2 different sized receivers (flange diameters) and the screw holes are just a tiny bit different. It took me 2 tries to find the deck fill for WATER that matched the screw holes because the diameter was just about 1/4" different, and I didn't have enough material on the deck to capture the screws with smaller diameter receiver.