Deck crack repair? Hunter 140

Status
Not open for further replies.

phblum

Jan 24, 2012
Hunter 140 Malone, WI
I have multiple deck cracks and a soft deck under the mast step of my Hunter 140. There are multiple threads here on repair, but the references to a repair manual or instructions seem to lead nowhere. I would appreciate any help, my experience with wood and epoxy don't appear to be useful. Thanks

Feb 26, 2010
Hunter 15 Fremantle, Western Australia
I have multiple deck cracks and a soft deck under the mast step of my Hunter 140. There are multiple threads here on repair, but the references to a repair manual or instructions seem to lead nowhere. I would appreciate any help, my experience with wood and epoxy don't appear to be useful. Thanks
This is the member you want to talk to: Crazy Dave Condon

He is very knowledgeable on these matters.

Good luck.

txjim

Sep 4, 2007
Hunter 170 Grapevine Lake, TX
I see the links are dead but I have copies at home. I'll try to find a place to post and let you know or you can shoot me an IM with your e-mail address.

FYI, I'm in the process of applying a layer of fiberglass to the deck to address cracks there for the last time. I fiberglassed the bow area in the past and, after painting, it came out very well (I had an auto paint shop match colors but many here use Krylon). Let me know if you have real deck sagging options. I repaired mine using columns of high-density of expanding foam and can point you to a description.

txjim

Sep 4, 2007
Hunter 170 Grapevine Lake, TX
I uploaded the ACP repair guide to the file download section of this site, it's waiting for moderator review. When it clears, look for it at http://forums.hunter.sailboatowners.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=6

There was a thread on a mast step issue a little while ago but we might be able to offer more help with detailed information. Is it the actual mast step area that's soft or the deck near the step? Either problem is repairable.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
I was persoanlly contacted and I have requested photos before discussing repairs. I will help him once the photos come to me. Many thanks for the other email asking to help on this one as well.

Once I have the photos, I will advise the fellow and you all as well.

crazy dave
davecondon@mindspring.com

Last edited:

phblum

Jan 24, 2012
Hunter 140 Malone, WI
Hunter deck cracks

I uploaded the ACP repair guide to the file download section of this site, it's waiting for moderator review. When it clears, look for it at http://forums.hunter.sailboatowners.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=6

There was a thread on a mast step issue a little while ago but we might be able to offer more help with detailed information. Is it the actual mast step area that's soft or the deck near the step? Either problem is repairable.

Hi, its the deck. The cracks are radial from the mast step (more or less,) but are 5" - 6" from the step, reaching to the deck edge. None are into the cockpit and all are hairline- no big openings. The mast step compresses under vertical pressure leaving considerable slack in the shrouds. Thanks for the response, I told Dave that I don't have access to the boat for pictures it's 100 miles north and under snow. The joys of Wisconsin. thanks Paul

Feb 1, 2012
Hunter 216 Port Charlotte

Is this going to be available? We have a 170 coming in with deck cracks and we need to be able to fix it.

JOhn ><>

Feb 1, 2012
Hunter 216 Port Charlotte
John;
Are you a repair facility or do you own the boat.
Respond to davecondon@mindspring.com
Lets go from there.
crazy dave
We are a new Hunter Trailerable Dealer and have not had any exposure to these boats yet. We are dealing on an '02 170 and have been told that the hull is a loss. Have not seen it yet and looking for all the info I can find now.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
John;

Thank you for telling me. Email me with your vital statistics so I can call and help you sir. I knew what it was to be a dealer. I wonder where that 170 is coming from. Maybe North Carolina?

crazy dave condon davecondon@mindspring.com

Status
Not open for further replies.