Dear Santa....

Jan 24, 2009
1981 Cherubini Hunter 27 Shipwright Harbor Marina, MD
:plus:
It's funny. Every time Santa comes to my house my bank account balance goes down or my credit card balance goes up............
Yes, my ideal gift would be a blank check from my CFO, but I have a better chance of winning the lottery. (So I keep playing.)

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
Let us know how Santa's gift works. Maybe he can make late trip to my boat in January if you think it works pretty well. I'm not looking for "military grade" or anything like that but it might come in handy for those sunset sails that go a little longer than planned.
I will do a some snaps... Normal cam, with just night vision and with the IR flashlight on to demo.
It works for sure.
If you read reviews that say..."It didn't work" it is because there is a IR filter for Day Time. The dummies didn't remove the filter.
Jim...

May 27, 2004
Hunter 30_74-83 Ponce Inlet FL
Hey, don't knock the scooter. Without mine I wouldn't be able to get to the slip from my condo!
I'm meeting with St. Nick the painter next Monday to see how much goodwill he needs to paint the deck.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2008
Pearson/ 530 Strafford, NH
Santa took some degrees Lat. and returned them as degrees F. Warm wishes to everyone.

All U Get

Jan 6, 2010
Here is what I wanted Santa to bring me for XMAS 2014.......I'm still waiting.

I make my own twisted Xmas cards each year to send friends.
I recently posted some of my cards in the War Room.

Hell, anyone can be normal..........Right, but why would you wanna be normal?
that's much more boring than being off-the cuff, don't ya think?
?

CR
XMAS CARD_2014.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2015
Venture 21 Florida
I am often asked, "Why do you want to learn to sail and eventually live aboard a boat some day?" Although, there is no specific answer to this question I have been inspired to provide a poetic response.
In keeping with the spirit of the holiday season, I rearranged Clement Clarke Moore's "The night before Christmas" and present to you..

"The Night before Passage"
------------------------------------------------------------

'Twas the night before passage all set on the hook,
I gazed at the stars for the night's final look...

With sheets neatly coiled, not a fray or a kink,
I headed below for an end of night drink...

Reposed and content, with good spirit in hand,
I pondered the life I endured once on land...

A time so trite, filled with chaos, unrest,
I traded it in for a life without stress...

This new world I choose, it suits me so well.
I'm at home on the water, be it a wave or a swell...

Tomorrow I sail, to a far away place...
With wind in my hair, salty spray on my face...

A new port awaits with a welcoming smile,
At this journeys end, I'll stay for awhile....

So I say to my friends, some go and some stay,
Some stick to the path but I sail away...

------------------------------------------------------------

I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and Safe and Happy New Year!!

Curious Sailor

May 27, 2004
Hunter 30_74-83 Ponce Inlet FL
Well written. :clap: I'll pass it on, with permission!
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good bight.:rolleyes:

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
I will do a some snaps... Normal cam, with just night vision and with the IR flashlight on to demo.
I did the Night Vision test and my ability to upload a .mov file small enough to see.
I made a movie that the Titles could be seen, but the size was 6MB:doh:. Blur is NOT the NV but file size reduction quality.

So I will describe now what you will see.
1) a iPhone cam viewer was essentially black. Looking at a boat ≈50 feet away.
2) The first scene is that boat with just the base Night Vision. 2x brighter than the naked eye. The light was various dim lights for walking on piers.
3) Next I used the Night Vision IR beam light (IR flashlight built in the camera) that has 6 levels of intensity. You will see me sequence through them and back to base ( no flashlight). I was impressed.:clap:
4) At base level I (excuse my newness jitter) to a Ketch about 100 feet away and note the bollards.
5) Finally I turned on the IR light to illuminate the edge of harbor canal, defined by marsh grass (no blur in original). Note the bollards as the canal edge is defined.

IT WORKS!!!
Exceeded my expectations. Thank you Santa!:biggrin:

The snap and video options may be extras, unless you catch Capt Ron's "Sugar and Spice" swimming at night!!:dancing:
Jim...

PS: There may be cheaper night vision monocular. Santa got these cuz I asked for a bigger LCD screen size. I can send a 6MB clearer movie by email if you request it.

Attachments