Registered users don't see ads

Daysailer III Cuddy door help

Discussion in 'Day Sailers' started by SN0WD0G, Oct 27, 2018. Add this thread to a FAQ

1. SN0WD0G

SN0WD0G

Joined Oct 27, 2018
    6 posts, 0 likes
    Oday Daysailer III
    US N/A
    Does anyone have blueprints of the Oday Daysailer III cuddy door so that I can repair/ make my own replacement cuddy door? (Also I have read that the Daysailer II also has the same size cuddy door).

It would be greatly appreciated.

2. Sunbird22358

Sunbird22358

Joined Jun 2, 2004
    1,719 posts, 53 likes
    Oday Day Sailer
    US Wareham, MA
    Well, I don't have the blue prints, but I do have an old set in my basement that I can try to measure! As far as I know the DS II and DS III had the same size cuddy opening. (D&R Marine lists the covers as fitting both. (I'd say just order a set from them, but the price is a bit steep!) The ones I have in my basement (original set from my 1979 DS II) are a bit delaminated and shop-worn, I bought a new set from Rudy (D&R) several years ago and have kept the old ones around. I might try to trace them and make a pattern.

SN0WD0G likes this.
  3. SN0WD0G

SN0WD0G

Joined Oct 27, 2018
    6 posts, 0 likes
    Oday Daysailer III
    US N/A
    Thank you, I have a set of cuddy doors also, but I was just wondering if someone already had the measurements because I and restoring the boat and it have cracks in the hull and holes in the cuddy compartment and needs new rope and lots more. I am also fixing a trailer for it to go onto at the same time, but I dont want to have you go out of your way for me, but I am greatly appreciated.

4. Flyingscot64

Flyingscot64

Joined Nov 19, 2017
    26 posts, 5 likes
    Oday 14ft
    Javalin Un Next to garage
    Since you have the doors already, you could just re veneer them . my door really looked bad missing veneer bubbled up veneer, resurfacing the old one ,you already have the correct size and thickness.

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      205.2 KB
      Views:
    • 008.JPG
      008.JPG
      File size:
      252.2 KB
      Views:

SN0WD0G likes this.
  5. LJBrennan007

LJBrennan007

Joined Jun 18, 2014
    8 posts, 1 likes
    ODay Day Sailer 2
    US Fabius, NY
    I've been meaning to build a door or cover or something for my DS II also (the Red Pearl). I don't have the benefit of an existing one for use as a template but figured I can measure the opening and get close enough. When I was given the boat about 5 years ago it was pretty rough and missing a boom, rudder, and sail as well as all the rigging. I think I spent about $1500 on my "free" boat over at Rudy's place getting all the stuff I needed but she is a nice sailing vessel now. Let us know how you make out with yours.

SN0WD0G likes this.
  6. Will D

Will D

Joined Aug 22, 2018
    29 posts, 6 likes
    O'Day Daysailer
    Stargazer US Pueblo Reservoir
    Wow, what a difference!

Flyingscot64 likes this.

Stainless documentation placard
Who said a documentation placard cant be beautiful? Brushed stainless with laser-fused numerals.
Leaky Lewmar ports?
Start by replacing lens gaskets in stock now
Flexible steel chafe pads
Innovative new product made of flexible, laser cut stainless steel. Must see!
Gray ports and parts
The most popular port on boats built from the 70s into the 90s.