Daysailer III Cuddy door help

Oct 27, 2018
Oday Daysailer III N/A
Does anyone have blueprints of the Oday Daysailer III cuddy door so that I can repair/ make my own replacement cuddy door? (Also I have read that the Daysailer II also has the same size cuddy door).

It would be greatly appreciated.

Jun 2, 2004
Oday Day Sailer Wareham, MA
Well, I don't have the blue prints, but I do have an old set in my basement that I can try to measure! As far as I know the DS II and DS III had the same size cuddy opening. (D&R Marine lists the covers as fitting both. (I'd say just order a set from them, but the price is a bit steep!) The ones I have in my basement (original set from my 1979 DS II) are a bit delaminated and shop-worn, I bought a new set from Rudy (D&R) several years ago and have kept the old ones around. I might try to trace them and make a pattern.

Oct 27, 2018
Oday Daysailer III N/A
Thank you, I have a set of cuddy doors also, but I was just wondering if someone already had the measurements because I and restoring the boat and it have cracks in the hull and holes in the cuddy compartment and needs new rope and lots more. I am also fixing a trailer for it to go onto at the same time, but I dont want to have you go out of your way for me, but I am greatly appreciated.

Nov 19, 2017
Oday 14ft Next to garage
Since you have the doors already, you could just re veneer them . my door really looked bad missing veneer bubbled up veneer, resurfacing the old one ,you already have the correct size and thickness.

Attachments

Jun 18, 2014
ODay Day Sailer 2 Fabius, NY
I've been meaning to build a door or cover or something for my DS II also (the Red Pearl). I don't have the benefit of an existing one for use as a template but figured I can measure the opening and get close enough. When I was given the boat about 5 years ago it was pretty rough and missing a boom, rudder, and sail as well as all the rigging. I think I spent about $1500 on my "free" boat over at Rudy's place getting all the stuff I needed but she is a nice sailing vessel now. Let us know how you make out with yours.

Jun 2, 2004
Oday Day Sailer Wareham, MA
If you mean SUNBIRD, haven't had a chance to take measurements, but will try to work on that now.