Davits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 8, 2008
Catalina 309 Stafford
Has anyone installed davits on their 309? I am looking into a hardshell dinghy and I'm interested to hear suggestions/recommendations. I am looking at a 8 or 9 foot dinghy. Thanks.

Jun 9, 2008
- -- -Bayfield
There are a handful of davit builders out there and each has a variety of designs to fit different installation applications. You might want to go to a boat show so you can talk to a few of them to gain some information. A local company to me, but national in sales, is St. Croix Davits or Marine Products out of MN. He does a good job. You have to make sure that your stern pulpit can handle the extra weight if you buy something that attaches to it. Some pulpits are not as hefty as one would like when it comes to this. Catalina might have an opinion on that question. I have installed them on different boats and each is a different approach. You have to get creative. Sorry I cannot give you specific info about your 309, but this starts the thread. Maybe someone else will pipe in.

Jun 4, 2009
Catalina 309 Swantown Marina Olympia, WA
I do not remember if it was a 309 or 310 thread but someone had a Weaver Snap Davit setup if you if you want to tilt the dinghy up like a powerboat. He had pics and the setup should work on either boat if your interested.

Mar 20, 2007
Catalina 355 Kilmarnock, VA
tahomathundr said:
I do not remember if it was a 309 or 310 thread but someone had a Weaver Snap Davit setup if you if you want to tilt the dinghy up like a powerboat. He had pics and the setup should work on either boat if your interested.
I've recently investigated the Weaver davits. Though they look like they'd work, Weaver doesn't recommend them on sailboats since they don't get the dinghy high enough to keep its ends out of the water when heeling.

Oct 30, 2011
Catalina 309 Fort Myers
Here is a picture of my Davit (on a Catalina 350) and the back of my Cat. 309 with the same mounts. I move it from boat to boat depending on who wants the dingy and motor. Let me know if you want more info and I will dig up the Mfg. Bob

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.