Davit for H340

Nov 27, 2013
S2 9.2A Northport, MI
Thanks for the info and picture. On the 340 the issue is with the "swim platform" and the two storage compartments. Since asking the question; I have been trolling marinas and have found three larger Hunters with davits and with similar sterns to my boat. So, I guess it can be done. Two of them had extra supports added to take some of the load off the rear rails. I guess you just need to guide the dinghy away from the boat as you're lifting it.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Contact Al Fooks on the forum store. He might remember who offered them for the Hunter 340. He use to be a Hunter employee in warranty and retail sales under the old Hunter Marine as I recall it.

Johann

Jun 3, 2004
Leopard 39 Pensacola
I have ocean marine davits on my 336, essentially the same stern as the 340. The installation is pretty straightforward. You are correct, you do have to fend off the dinghy until it clears the swim platform, but it's pretty easy, even by yourself.

Nov 27, 2013
S2 9.2A Northport, MI
Did you have to add any additional bracing to the stern rails or are they strong enough as is?

Nov 27, 2013
S2 9.2A Northport, MI
Did you have to add additional bracing to the stern rails or are they strong enough?

Johann

Jun 3, 2004
Leopard 39 Pensacola
I did not add additional support. My total dinghy load is about 220#. I have not noticed any visible flexing, although there is a slight increase in tension on the upper lifeline from the stern rail to the first stanchion forward. I installed them 4 years ago and have not had any issues.

Nov 27, 2013
S2 9.2A Northport, MI
I've been looking around marinas and although I haven't found any H 340s with davits I have seen three larger Hunter with them. Two out of three had extra supports fashioned to take some of the load. I haven't talked to Ocean Marine yet so I don't know their opinion yet. Thanks for the feed-back.

Nov 27, 2013
S2 9.2A Northport, MI
Doug, I was at the Miami Boat Show today and talked to the people at Kato Marine about Davits. They were very helpful and had considerable experience with davit installation on the H340. I think I'll go with their davits. They seemed very well built and sturdy. The 10% boat show discount also helped with my decision.