Cutter rigged foresails with two furlers

Apr 23, 2012
Hunter 430 Kemah
I have a habit of looking for like Hunters for sale, love the heck out of mine, so just looking.
Came across a H430 for sail in Yah... Wor..,and the boat has a cutter rigged foresails with two furlers, had to been installed after the fact, would like to know opinion, pros and cons.

Rick D

Jun 14, 2008
Hunter Legend 40.5 Shoreline Marina Long Beach CA
Not uncommon. There are two 450's near me with that arrangement. I have a removable inner forestay too. I guess the flexibility of the rig is the advantage; the downside is the PITA in tacking.

Jun 8, 2004
Hunter 49 60803 Lake Erie
I have the twin headsail set up on my 49. I use the inner staysail when I reef my main in say 20+ knots it makes for a very nice balanced rig and an easily controlled boat. In lighter air I use both head sails together when I am sailing between a reach and close to the wind. Supposedly it adds boat speed but I would be hard pressed to swear to that. Let's face it my 34,000 pounds doesn't scream along in light air any way you slice it. Down wind it light air I find it worthless it just blankets the the forward sail and adds to the noise of flapping sails. All that said the balanced easy to control rig in heavy air makes the sail very valuable in my book since I generally single hand.