Cutlass Bearings

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

James Taylor

I need to replace my cutlass bearings on my 1984 C-30. Where to I go for new parts and how difficult are they to install?

M

Mike

cutlass bearing replacement

My Cat 30 is older (77) but the bearing is probably similar. I replaced mine last year when the boat was hauled and it wasn't too hard. Found a new one at a local West Marine (seems they're a standard size). To remove the old one, I made an arrangement with a long threaded rod, a piece of pipe (small enough to sit on the end of the bearing mount, but large enough for the bearing itself to go into), some large washers, and a couple of nuts. Arrange it so that when you tighten the nuts, the bearing is pulled out of the mount. You can then alter this arrangement to draw the new bearing into the mount. Whatever you do, don't start hammering on the bearing to get it out or back in. Good luck!

M

Melody Miller

Query the Archives

Hi James: You need to query the archives of this forum. I think it was approx. last April when a gentlman described how he changed the bearing. I would query using cutlass or bearing. Its not supposed to be hard. If you don't have luck E-Mail me at mjmiller@erols.com. I think I printed out the article. Good luck Melody

Status
Not open for further replies.