Custom 44!

Oct 8, 2017
C&C Custom 44 Saugeen shores
I'm looking to purchase a C&C custom 44 (1988)
Im trying to gather as much history about her as possible if anyone knows where I can find out things like where she was built, by who, details of her specific build and anything else I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks

Nov 25, 2016
C&C 30 MK1 Pasadena
Check on cncphotoalbum.com/, it has a plethora of knowledge and is probably the most consolidated C&C group out there.

Ted

Jan 26, 2005
C&C 110 Bay Shore, Long Island, NY
There was an organization that had a library of many of the original C&C drawings and documents. I don't remember the name of the contact person at the moment but I'll look to see if I saved his name and contact information. If you post your message to the e-mail discussion list that you can join by going to the cncphotoalbum.com site. I'm sure someone will have that information as many C&C owners requested copies of the information about their boats.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2016
C&C 30 MK1 Pasadena
It was South Shore Yachts (http://southshoreyachts.com/). I emailed them in January and was told by Rob Maclachlan, President of the company, "I am sorry to say we no longer have the C&C factory build files." Don't know why they no longer have them or what they did with them, but Tartan Yachts now owns the C&C brand.

Oct 8, 2017
Here is the hull #
And thanks everyone that's a lot of leads I'll let you know what I come up with!₩

Oct 8, 2017
Another strange thing I found is that its a deep keel at about 8.5 ft but it's a bulbed keel and all the c&c deep keel I've seen have been straight finned?

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Another strange thing I found is that its a deep keel at about 8.5 ft but it's a bulbed keel and all the c&c deep keel I've seen have been straight find?
Just conjecture, but perhaps the operative word is "Custom 44".

Oct 8, 2017
I spoke to a few more C&C guys down at the harbour today and they were also confused by the bulbed keel... here is a pic.
Im really wondering if the keel was bulbed after the fact...
Screenshot_20171014-172816.png

Ted

Jan 26, 2005
Have you tried to speak with Rob Ball regarding information about this boat? Rob was the senior designer with C&C and might have some great first hand knowledge about this boat. Rob is presently working at Edson.
Here is a video of another C&C Custom 44 that has a bulbed keel but with less draft than the boat you're considering.

Oct 8, 2017
Thanks
I just emailed the general mailbox at Edson.. hopefully I can get in touch with him...
Ill update here as soon as I hear back
Thanks again!

Ted

Jan 26, 2005
South Shore Yachts use to have all of the build files but decided to dispose of them because it was too costly to store the enormous quantity of drawings. The Marine Museum of the Great Lakes in Kingston, Ontario has the archives of other construction documents and may have picked up the ones that South Shore Yachts was getting rid of. Here is their contact information.
https://www.marmuseum.ca