Cuddy edging installing

Apr 23, 2017
O'Day Day Sailer 3 Lake Nockamixon, Pa.
I recently purchased a DS3 and the cuddy edging has shrunk and pulled off at the corners. I got the replacement from Rudy at D&R and was wondering if I should use some 3M 4200 or silicone adhesive at the corners to prevent that happening again. Aside from that the boat looks good. Next week I'm going to lift it off the trailer to clean the barnacles from inside the center board trunk so I can lift the board all the way. Right now it can't go up that last foot or so!
Thanks, John

Feb 23, 2018
O’Day Daysailer II Little Canada, MN
I recently purchased a DS3 and the cuddy edging has shrunk and pulled off at the corners. I got the replacement from Rudy at D&R and was wondering if I should use some 3M 4200 or silicone adhesive at the corners to prevent that happening again...
I replaced the edging on my DS2 about a year ago, using the replacement edging from D&R. I did not use any adhesive and it is staying in place well without it. I think adhesive would be a mess to contend with next time you replace it (hopefully years down the road).

Steve

Apr 23, 2017
O'Day Day Sailer 3 Lake Nockamixon, Pa.
Thank you Steve, I lifted the boat off the trailer today (Fathers Day) to clean the barnacles from the centerboard and in the trunk. When I purchased the boat on Long Island NY the previous owner had raised the bunks on the trailer all the way up, as the board was stuck down about a foot. The owner did tell me about it before I even looked at the boat. Not much else I need to do aside from cleaning it up.