Contoure built-in coffee machine

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
I have a small 4 cup drip machine that with the fresh ground Sumatra coffee makes a great cup to wake up to.

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Tartan 3800 20 Westport, MA
We boil water on the range and pour it into a paper filter full of coffee in a ceramic funnel that fits the top of a thermal carafe. Works perfectly. No electricity required, except for the propane solenoid.

Gene S

Nov 29, 2015
Delphia 37 Tacoma
I took one look at a mister coffee with a metal carafe at target and grabbed it. On the boat I use an aluminum perk pot that is sold at the rei. Only takes about 10 min to brew. I don't mind waiting. Of course at home I set the timer and it's ready when I get up.

Jan 18, 2016
Catalina 387 Dana Point
A glass carafe on a boat? That's not the best idea Hunter ever had.

Me? these things work fantastic and are cheap:

Makes great espresso/coffee, cheap, easy to clean, never breaks, works every time. Why use anything else? Oh wait, a french press also is cheap, works every time, a little harder to clean, makes great coffee, requires a teakettle/pot to boil water - but is also a great way to make coffee.

Remove the silly built in thing, make it a storage nook, and get a $10 stovetop espresso maker. The end product will be so much better you'll wonder why anybody drinks drip coffee. Sometimes oldschool is the way to go. (Many trips to Spain and noticing that _everybody_ used the stovetop espresso maker changed my coffee making habits. The Spanish are serious about their coffee.)

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Sometimes oldschool is the way to go.
You want old school. Water in a pot. Heaping tablespoons of coffee. Couple of egg shell bits. Dash of salt. Stir. Boil. Let sit on stove for 25 minutes or till the spoon stands up on its own. Laddle into a cup.
You got coffee

pateco

Aug 12, 2014
Hunter 31 (1983) Pompano Beach FL
I went with an 8 cup wide bottomed vacuum stainless french press. Only issue I have is since it is stainless steel, you need to preheat it with some hot water and drain before refilling to brew or the initial temperature will not provide a good brew. Since it is a vacuum carafe, once warmed up, the coffee stays hot for quite a while.
French Press.jpg

Jun 1, 2009
Hunter 49 toronto
You want old school. Water in a pot. Heaping tablespoons of coffee. Couple of egg shell bits. Dash of salt. Stir. Boil. Let sit on stove for 25 minutes or till the spoon stands up on its own. Laddle into a cup.
You got coffee
Ok, I know all this.
I know that what I am doing is extremely ineffient, expensive, and unnecessary.
I started off my thread saying that I was a "bozo"
So, thank you for reminding me of that very fact. And now I think I'll push the button, and brew a cup.
And when I wash the pot, it is done with extreme tenderness.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
Murray, I will say this: You are one of only a few to include a needed picture in your original post.

May 4, 2012
Hunter 45DS Toronto
I didn't go back through every post, but did anyone else find this place? They say they have a replacement unit the OP was looking for.
Has Murray given up on this thread?
http://marineelectronicsleader.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=13371
Thanks for the link. I don’t know how you found it as I have been searching the net for months.

I tried to buy 2 coffee makers but when I tried to checkout they do not sell to Canada!! There is no phone number on the site (not a good sign) and they have not answered any email.

Oh well the search continues. I have to find a Fix it shop.

May 4, 2012
Hunter 45DS Toronto
Yep, gone are the days of the Emmetts and their 'fix-it' shops. Doesn't help that labor is so expensive.

And the winner is....

I never found a replacement coffee maker and I spent many many hours searching on the internet. However while searching the internet I did find a fix it shop in downtown Toronto.

I took the coffee maker into Butler’s Appliance Services. 249 Coxwell Ave. They have been in business since 1927. I walked into the shop and it looked like a store out of the 1950’s. I had never seen so many old small appliances.

Well they were able to fix the coffee maker, wahoo And it only cost $31.02 including tax!! Well worth the trip.