Condensation

AWW

Jul 14, 2016
Hunter 340 ABYC
I have a 1999 Hunter 340. Moisture has been accumulating around the lower part of the teak that frames the under-counter cabinetry adjacent to the refrigerator. I can only assume that condensation is occurring on the outside plastic of the fridge liner behind the wood. On a previous Hunter I owned, the styrofoam insulation applied to the outside of the ice-box pulled away, however I have no direct access to the space between the wood and the fridge to allow me to see what has happened. What I am specifically wondering is whether I can create any additional problems by drilling a few holes in the teak and injecting foam insulation into the cavity behind? There doesn't seem to be anything in there except possibly a 110 volt wire running along the bottom and leading astern. Does anyone have any experience with this?

May 3, 2011
Beneteau & Hunter First 435 & Hunter 37.5 Seabrook & Guntersville AL
I have the same problem on a 94 37.5 and I'm thinking of the same solution. I just installed new refrigeration a few weeks ago and discovered mildew on the back of my new settee cushion that rests against the outside icebox wall. The previous owner installed a piece of construction foam board to the outside. I'm hoping for a better solution