Companionway door springs

Wedgie

Jul 30, 2013
Hunter 45cc Rosslyn Bay Qld Australia
I have an ongoing problem with the companionway door springs on my Hunter 2007 45CC,
One or both of them break on an almost three monthly basis.
Has anyone experienced the same problem and if so have you been able to find out the cause and been able to rectify it.

Jun 14, 2007
Hunter 45cc Florida
I take the endcaps off the springs (one at a time) and spray them with WD 40 occasionally while both up and down. Opening and closing the sliding door slowly helps as well to extend life. If you want to modify the stainless trim plate on top of the sliding hatch it makes it much easier to remove the springs. See my description in owners mods for 45cc

Wedgie

Jul 30, 2013
Hunter 45cc Rosslyn Bay Qld Australia
Thanks for the advice. Will give it a go and see if it improves the life of the springs. By the way couldn't find the door modification you mentioned, only the storage area above the washer/dryer cabinet

Tiara

Feb 7, 2022
Hunter 45cc Hobart
Hi Could you let me know were to purchase these springs. I live in Hobart Tasmania and parts for Hunters are very hard to source. Cheers david

Dec 2, 2003
Hunter 260 winnipeg, Manitoba
The store that owns this site has all kinds of parts for your Hunter. I would assume they could arrange shipping to Tasmania!

Tiara

Feb 7, 2022
Hunter 45cc Hobart
Thanks found them, I was after 3 and quoted $56.85 which I assume is US $ but then postage is $58.10 which I think is way over the top for such small parts which could be put in a mail bag for a lot less. Thanks for your help.
Cheers David

Tiara

Feb 7, 2022
Hunter 45cc Hobart
Hi Wedgie I see you are in Yeppon could you tell me were you get your companionway springs from. I am in Tassy at the moment and the postage from the Us is a killer.
Cheers, David