Companionway Cover Vent

Jun 11, 2016
S2 9.2A Lake Champlain
Hello Fellow S2 Owners - I hope this finds you all with fair winds and following seas....I’m looking for a vent part that I can’t quite readily find as easy as I expected.

Companionway vent! My first mate and our ten year old deck swabber stepped on one of our tinted acrylic companionway covers and I’ve decided to replace them both as they were pretty well scratched up anyway. No problems getting the right acrylic templated and bought out but I cannot for the life of me find an 8” x 12” or thereabouts louvered vent with bug screen for this purpose.

I searched this forum but the words companionway, vent and bugs come up just as frequently as you would expect.

Any direction would be appreciated, thanks all....

FYI - follow me and Opus One on Instagram if you’re inclined, I’ll follow you right back!

@sailing.opus.one

Cheers!

-ml

Jan 25, 2011
S2 11.0A Anacortes, WA
Hmmm. If this vent was in one of the acrylic companionway boards, me thinks it was a PO install

Apr 26, 2015
S2 26 Mid On Trailer
A quick google search turned up a lot of marine louvered vents. Here is your opportunity to customize the boat like you want it. As Mark mentioned, a previous owner probably installed them. I've installed some in my previous boats old hatch covers to use when we leave the cat on board for a couple of hours but always use solid ones when locking up. Rain can find it's way in some how.:)