Colorado Hawk

Apr 24, 2018
Pearson Hawk 16 Aurora CO
I just purchased a beautiful Pearson Hawk. It is fully restored. One real pretty boat! The previous owner kept her garaged/covered. He had new sails made from the original tattered but usable sails by North Sails. The original restored rudder is a work of art. The wood keel, which came with the boat has been replaced with a steel piece. It had no name so I feel safe to name her myself. "Osprey". I am looking for a pattern (or picture) of the Hawk logo so I can duplicate in vinyl. It came with a Minn Kota 55, dual batteries, sump pump and a hull mounted Humminbird depth/fish finder. I am a newbie and anxious to get her in the water once the snowy season ends. I live in Aurora, CO and am 3 miles from a nice reservoir (no power boats). I am looking for a local sailor to be my mentor and get some water time with.

Apr 24, 2018
Pearson Hawk 16 Aurora CO
In pouring over all the stuff that came with the boat, I found a couple of original brochures. Woo-hoo! I will attach them here for now. If there is a better space on the sit & forum, please let me know. My hull # is 103. More pictures to follow.

Attachments

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Nice looking boat. :thumbup:
You are going to name a Hawk "Osprey"? Ospreys are commonly called sea hawks, river hawks and fish hawks. Then the hawk logo would compliment the name. Just my $.02. Enjoy your new boat!!

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Good looking boat Elden. Congrats on your find. You have a great new mistress.